Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishwasher Please

Dishwasher Please

After reading many reviews, is there anyone on this board who can recommend a decent dishwasher that isn't going to breakdown within a year or two?

I've read dozens and dozens of reviews on the Sears website as well as Costco, etc.... I realize that there are both fake negative and positive reviews (shills), but geez my head hurts. Anyone with a good recommendation? Thanks

David
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

I replaced a 25 year old machine with a whirpool-- not impressed. The old one got the dishes cleaner, and the silverware holder in the wirlpool opens up when you least want it to to let the silverware go flying everywhere. It was only about 400 dollars, so it was not an upscale one.

Blog Entries
    I like either the Bosch or Miele models. Low water consumption and extremely quiet.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

New rules go into effect in March I believe that will put strict water use and power consumption limits on them so choose quickly while you canget one that almost works.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I bought one of the higher end KitchenAid models 16 months ago. So far I have had no problems with it. It does an excellent job washing the dishes and is extremely quiet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues..
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

We bought a Siemens about 3 years ago and love it. Quiet, gets dishes very clean.

Jim

We've had two dishwashers in about 34 years. Both were Kitchenaids. No problems but maybe we were lucky. Don't go cheap on appliances as it probably will bite you in the end as they don't last.

Got a Maytag two years ago for Christmas. Very quiet, gets dishes clean, no problems.

Bosch, not cheap, $1200. Very quiet, 3 yrs so far

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rufener View Post
    We've had two dishwashers in about 34 years. Both were Kitchenaids. No problems but maybe we were lucky. Don't go cheap on appliances as it probably will bite you in the end as they don't last.
    +1 on the Kitchenaid. I put one in when we moved in to our current house back in 2004. Not one issue to date. Seems very quiet to me but I can't compare to other models.

I bought the Bosch Evolution (500 series) with the stainless steel liner and base pan from the Sears appliance outlet nearby.

A scratch on the front saved me $300. The install was pretty straightforward, as there was an ancient Whirlpool to replace.
    The new one is very quiet, and gets things VERY clean.

One note - the presoak fluid is not optional - that's how the newer models get things so clean, with less water.

Not only was the washer discounted, but I saved nearly $250 on the installation, doing it myself.
    The only hassle was trotting the old one out to the transfer station.

Mine has worked very well for 42 years now and she still like to wash them. But finding a model like her is hard she has her quirks but I put up with them and usually we have a good conversation while she is doing them. Oh yeah we have an under counter unit that is 40 years old bot only gets used about once a year. Wife loves to do them by hand she says it calms her down.

Don't buy Electrolux, we have had ours for 2 years. It has broken 2 times already, luckily I have been able to fix it myself. Its very quiet and washes dishes well....when its working.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

We purchased a Bosch with stainless interior about a tear and a half ago. It's quiet and gets the dishes clean. No problems with it. It replaced a twelve year old Maytag. Would have gotten another Maytag if they had not become Whirlpool.
    Regards,
    Dick

We got the Kenmore Elite three years ago and I hate it. Spent the extra money for the so-called quality (about $1100) and the thing has been broken more times than I can remember. Even when working, I don't think it gets the dishes clean unless you prewash/rinse. Some of it may have to do with the removal of phosphates from the soap formulations, but I think I was taken on this particular machine. I don't understand the new rules for diswashers concerning water consumption. They already use limited water and probably less than doing them by hand. Although doing them by hand seems to be the way we do them most often anymore.