Thread: Desktop name plate

Desktop name plate

Does anyone know where I can get blank Desktop name plates like the ones in the picture? I normally cut them myself but the customer wants some that don't require a holder. I have done several searches but just find places that sell them engraved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eric Seest; 01-24-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Universal Laser PLS6.75 CorelDraw X5 & X8
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000

Desktop namevplate

If there will be a good quantity, buy a strip heater. You just cut them twice as high, engrave and bend. You can even do it with a jig and heat gun. At Johnson it's $126 but TAP has the replacement strip for $79 if you want to make your own.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

These are engraved then bent in a brake (like aluminum siding)
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

at 1st I thought they were aluminum and brass but now I see that they are plastic. The more likely process is heat and bend as stated by Joe.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Seest View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get blank Desktop name plates like the ones in the picture? I normally cut them myself but the customer wants some that don't require a holder. I have done several searches but just find places that sell them engraved.
    Try here http://www.nametagcountry.com/catego...Plates_Holders