Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incra vs Jointech table saw fences

A vote for the Incra

I have the full Incra set up. I mounted a PC 7539 in the PRL and have the cabinet to house the router as well. I just got the external power switch from woodpeckers to make it easier to operate the router. (Reaching into the cabinet is uncomfortable). The system works great and the support was phenomanal. When I had some confusion regarding installation I spoke to the individual who actual wrote the manual. I don't know enough about the Jointech to comment. It sound good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger
    Jay,

I agree that the Jointech fence part was better than the old Incra fence also. That is why I added one to the Incra jig on my router table. I like the Incra Wonder fence that I got to use with the table saw setup better than the Jointech fence.

Chris
    Chris,

My plan when I went to the show was to decide between getting the WonderFence or the Jointech fence and keep the incra positioner. I looked at the jointech positioner and realized that I really liked their solutions to 2 of the Incra shortcomings. First, the leadscrew means "infinite" fine adjustment. In other words, no remembering to center the fine adjuster. This has been fixed in the new Incra positioner I think. Second, their simple fix of a double cursor to avoid paralax.
    Turns out, the purchase of a total jointech system minus the sale value of my Incra on ebay was less than just getting either of the fences.

On fences: The wonder fence seemed to have parts that need to be put on and taken off to use in different ways. Dust collection is also unavailable when you use the 90* sled. I had also bent an Incra fence in the past and felt the box section design of the jointech would be sturdier. If you're buying, don't read much into this. I had modified the fence opening which weakened the structure and the fence mistakenly wound up somewhere it shouldn't have been.
    Frankly, I wish either one of them would offer up a simpler fence. There seems to be too much complexity on both systems.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lizek
    http://www.digi-kit.com/digifence.htm
    http://www.proscale.com/products/woo...ted/prokit.htm
    http://www.wixey.com/ is planning on adding a table saw version for $100 soon
    This is up a level in technology.
    I've looked at these before, but I think I'd prefer a set interval fence.

I currently have a Vega fence. The micro adjust on it is nice so I really can't complain about it. It's just that last year, I saw an incra at a show, and I fell in love with the quickness of switching from one cut to another cut and back again without losing accuracy. What I didn't fall in love with was what I considered a pretty hefty price even after ebaying my Vega.