Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabinetry install on concrete floor

Check out EZ-Level.com. They make a system that lifts and levels cabinets so water can flow underneath the cabinet in case of a flood. I'd also consider having the concrete floor stained and finished. Makes for a very attractive finish that withstands moisture too.

You've got that down to a science...sounds like I can't go wrong with that tried and trusted method. thanks =)

Ez-level looks very helpful. My only concern is that the video says it can only lift a cab 1/8" off the ground.

I have made about ten cabinets and put them on a 2x4 base. I put a 45 block in top of each corner, then 2 1/2 swivel casters into the 45's. I believe 2 1/2, but they stood 1/2 proud of the base. Cabinets heavy enough not to move, but can be move for cleaning and/or rearranging the shop.

Tell me what you guys think. I found this on a contractortalk.com:

Basement Column Wrap Recipe:

1) Use 1x6 material to build a three-sided, "u-shaped" box to slide around column. Keep the height of this box about 3/8" in short of the floor to ceiling height. You can either chase the butts or miter the edges. Unless you have a very good TS, I do not recomend mitering because it's hard to make an 8' long perfect bevel on a small TS.
    2) Slide the three-sided box around column. Attach fourth side.
    3) The wrap is now loose around the column, but obviously cannot come off.
    4) Shim the bottom (or top) of the wrap to make plumb and square. Shim it tight so it won't move.
    5) drill 8 3/8" holes in the wrap. One on each side of the wrap 2" down from top and 2" up from bottom.
    6) Use NON-expanding foam and stick the hose into each hole and shoot.
    7)Trim top with crown and bottom with base.

You are done.

You can make all sorts of cool varations with rails and stiles, panel molding, etc.

Kind of like "Pimp your Column"