Ok, the cable TV is going to have to go. Finally called yesterday and guess what? The reason I lost 40 channels I've been getting for over 7 years is because I didn't have that package and they just found out about it! So I guess the jokes on them...I've been getting something for free! Yea right. To keep what I've been getting, plus the internet, would cost 135.00 plus taxes per month...Ain't gonna happen.

So, I've been doing some research and I'm going to try my hand at a home made HD antenna. Lots of information out there. I've got a design I'm going to try, but thought I'd ask if anyone here has built one and what your experiences are. There is a torn up antenna mounted to the chimney that I can attach the HD antenna to that will get me 25 or so feet above the ground. Still lots of trees that will affect the signal, but hopefully it will work good enough for a decent picture.

Second question is, is there any other service or device that would allow me to get Fox Sports Southwest, maybe a couple ESPN channels, USA Network, The Food Channel, The Weather Channel, and maybe the DIY Network (HGTV has lost themselves in buying houses). If the HD antenna works, I'll have all the major networks available. I could purchase the Hulu service. There are devices, I think Roku is one, that talk about being able to get TV shows through the internet, but I haven't found a listing of what that entails yet. Need to do some more research. Thanks! Jim.