Hi, first post here. Lots and lots of information on this site, good to see people with a common interest banding together )

I do CNC and laser engraving at work and lately I've had to take on some of the load of finishing the products. My normal process is .. Sanding > Sanding sealer > Sanding > lacquer > Sanding > polishing > and then I engrave. I prefer engraving AFTER putting the finish on as it tends to give it more of that burnt look. You kind of lose that if you engrave and THEN put the finish on.

So here's my question .. if I wanted to put a mirror finish on the wood what would be the most efficient way to fill in the engraving? On our higher end plaques I usually paint them .. basically put tape on the bare wood, engrave through the tape, spray it with spray paint, remove tape, start the finish process.

Is there a wax or paste of some sort that I could use to fill in the engraved area? I'm fairly new to the finishing process and therefore limited on my knowledge of products available. For example .. Put wax on > level with squeegee > sanding sealer > sand > etc.

Thank you for your time.