Thread: Three Moons Rising

Three Moons Rising

Yes it's another saw. It's not finished but I thought I would see what folks thought. So I pieced it together for the pics. Another one of my signature half backs, (low hang version), in Walnut with gold Mother of Pearl saw nut inlays. Actually it was not my idea originally, I don't think. But I ran with it anyway. It's not very often someone gives me the foot ball. The medallion is engraved but doesn't show up in the pics. Anyway, just another one of those "options" I am working on. Thank you. http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DCP_1473.jpg
    http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DCP_1471.jpg

Blog Entries
    Very nice.

Makes me want to create saws.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

You're crazy Ron! But in a totally awesome way. I love your saws....
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Wow! Gorgeous work!

That is one curvy saw.

Absolutely first-class Ron!
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Careful to not over gild the lilly! A user's tool can be very beautiful,but must still remain business like,except in the case of presentation pieces,which can be over the top! Needless to say,very nice work as usual. Beautiful handle and back. I'd lose the pearl.

This should be taken as constructive advice,which I'm sure you know,Ron.

My solid silver miter plane was in the presentation category,and I'll bet it never made a shaving.
    Last edited by george wilson; 01-28-2013 at 2:11 PM.

Awesome saw Ron. Love the look and the contrasting materials.
    Regards
    Randy

Got to agree with George on this one. I realy like your saws and especially the retro or art noveau influences, but the pearl would keep me from using it, much less even keeping it in the shop. It is more of a wall hanger, to be prominently and proudly displayed by a collector with no sawdust within miles. . . . . which, might not be a bad thing for your bank account . . . . but not what i assume to be your goal.

I would like to get one of your saws one day, but it will be to fondle it and admire its performance as it is being used.

Way too pretty! And, I mean that as a complement, Ron, not a critique!!
    Really cool looking.
    Maurice

11. Keep the mother of pearl. For the purist it makes no difference to how it cuts. In the display case it will stand out as uniquely special.

Display case? Blasphemy. Just another option. Wait until you see the inlays in the spines I think George is right on this one. It needs mop in the spine for continuity. Maybe just the medallion. The MOP looked better on some Madrone Burl I did, or a Big leaf handle. Thanks for the thoughts.

I would not put MOP on the spine,Ron. It will start turning your saw into a piece of jewelry.