Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Reason to Celebrate

A Reason to Celebrate

Will be here any day. It's been 40 days (the longest 40 days of my life) since I've seen wood spinning on my lathe . Last week, the tech at Teknatool finally agreed that my main board needed to be replaced. They shipped the board on Thursday (along with a new display board), and I expect to see them any day now . I'm pretty sure I'll have something to post by the weekend!

By some strange turn of fate, I've managed to survive the withdrawls and the resultant oblivian that followed. That alone is reason to celebrate, and once my lathe is quietly humming along once again, I'll be sharing the celebration.

This coming weekend (weather permitting), I'll be going through my wood stash and I'm sure I'll be able to find something big enough to cut a large flat rate sized box blank from. I'll seal the blank, take some pics and then I'll be posting a "celebrate with a box of wood giveaway contest". Some lucky winner will be celebrating with me .
    I'll post rules and details along with a pic of the prize, once the blank is cut, sealed and ready to go.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Wow, that's a long time. I know you'll be relieved and happy to have it working again.

Well, did you get your shop cleaned up and organized? I do have some of that to do.......

robo hippy

Kathy - I sure hope that takes care of the problem for you! Looking forward to seeing the first thing you turn when you finally get back on the lathe!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Forty days is a heck of a long time to make a corporate decision about your lathe. I doubt they realize how many advertising dollars that wipes out. I think I would be camping in their front yard.
    Fred

I hope everything works out. I don't know how I'd handle that long a dry spell, but then I have a back-up.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Hmmm ... "40 days and 40 nights" ...if I'm not mistaken, that appears a few times in the bible. I can't say for sure, but I think you have been tested, been found worthy and things are about to get really good for you!
    Last edited by Aric Krueger; 01-29-2013 at 8:40 AM.

8. I hope you are able to get up and running quickly.......here's to the return of Kathy to the ranks of those who spin wood!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I know you'll be happy to have your lathe back.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Hey kathy. I don't know how you are doing it. I would have gone absolutely mad!

Don't quite understand why it took so long but as long?

I had wondered a little about the slow down of you posted pieces though.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Hope you get it up and running smoothly. You have more patiences than I. I went and bought a Jet 1220 just so I would have something to spin on.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I don't know, 40 days to restock the wood stash...should be about 40' high by now. Be careful and take it slow. Maybe turn a tooth pick first and work your way up

Kathy, hope the problem will be solved soon and you'll be turning again. I gotta say, you have more patience than I. It will be interesting to hear your opinion of both the lathe and customer service when this is resolved. I have a Nova (1624-44), and (knock on wood) I haven't had any serious problems I couldn't fix myself. This just seems like an awful long time to get things fixed. Hopefully, Teknatool has some people reading forums like this, and realize things have got to improve. Could have an effect on decision making when someone is considering purchasing a new lathe. Anyway, keep us posted, and good luck!!

Unfortunately, I know how she feels. My 46-460 has effectively been a brick for more than a month now with no real hope of it getting fixed anytime soon since there are no replacement parts available. I have dropped it off at the local DeWalt service center where it will probably gather dust in a closet for several more months.

I went ahead and bought a lathe upgrade much sooner than I had expected to (or had budgeted for) so I could start turning again. Still waiting for 220 line.

Delighted to hear a fix is finally on the way! Nova customer support is the one thing that worries me about having bought the DVR myself. It has been a fine lathe for me but Nova sure needs to go to the Jet school for customer support.