Thread: Any Neanders in the Provo Utah area?

Any Neanders in the Provo Utah area?

Probably not the best forum for the question, but it is the forum I'm most comfortable with so you guys get the question. I've relocated to the Provo Utah area and was wondering if anyone lived in the same area? I'm looking for where to buy hardwood lumber and haven't really found anyplace yet.

Jeff.

While not right in your area, Stephen Shepherd is in Salt Lake. He's a member here at SMC and at WC. You can also find him at This Is The Place Heritage Park in SLC, where he is the resident cabinet maker.

I'm a mixed power source (sometimes dead dinosaurs, sometimes dead cow) woodworker in Utah Valley, getting my shop into shape. I haven't purchased any hardwoods yet, but there's a cabinet shop close to my work that I asked the same question. Answers are 'Sunwood, Intermountain and National', all can be found on the web, all are up in the Salt Lake Valley. Timberline Tools on Center Street in Orem has some lumber on hand also, but it is more expensive than the actual lumber dealers.
    Last edited by John Sanford; 03-20-2013 at 8:35 PM.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Hi Jeff, I'm in Salt Lake and get everything around here... I've been meaning to head down there to check out Trestlewood (in Lindon), it looks like they have some interesting reclaimed lumber.

Art

Mc Beath in Salt Lake City. Only a 40 minute drive from Provo.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

If you are looking just for domestics, you can check out Pearson's cabinets on Geneva. Not sure if they will sell large quantities, but I stopped by there a time or two for some stuff when I was there (6 years at BYU). They carried alder, walnut, hard and soft maple, and oak. Of course, this was about 4 years ago now. For smaller pieces, Craft Supplies USA is in south Provo off State St. and they let you pick through their stock of turning blanks. It's a fun little place to visit. Other than that, McBeath and Woodcraft were the only other places I knew of, but I never went myself. Timberline is fun to peruse as well.