Thread: How many of you own an air brush?

How many of you own an air brush?

I watched a Charles Neil online video about finishing. He used an air brush to spray dye on a small project. It got me to thinking that it would be handy to have one. So, I was wondering how many people own one. What brand is it? Does anyone own a HF #95810? Surprisingly, it got very good reviews for a $20 air brush. Can they be used to spray finishes?

Dick

scan0029.jpg

f your doing artwork, like in the photo, or anything in the wide vain of such then an airbrush is fine, to buy one just to apply dye, which can be done with a full size gun or a smaller touch up gun, is not really necessary. In fact, to set up and clean one just to do a few small pieces is a waste of time. On the otherhand, if charles was toning or shading little pieces with a dye finish, then it "might be worthwhile" but unless they were very tiny, one could still do such with a touch up gun.

Personally i used passche air brushes, vl series both single action and dual action types, along with a much more expensive type for lines as fine as 1/64 inch or smaller. not familiar with what your asking about, but what i used was and has been a standard in the finishing industry, along with DeVilbiss, for decades till many japanese and others came along.
    Last edited by sheldon pettit; 01-30-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Sincerely,

S.Q.P - SAM - CHEMMY.......... Almost 50 years in this art and trade and counting...

I agree with S. H. use a air brush for small item , can be use for large items if you only got one or two, it will take many coats of finish when compare to a detail gun or bigger spray gun