Thread: Jet Air Cleaner Remote Issue

Jet Air Cleaner Remote Issue

My Jet AFS-1000B air cleaner(remote) just started having issues. I turned it on with the remote and now it won't do anything else. Including turning it off. I can turn it off at the air cleaner but not with the remote. All the remote will do is turn it on. Any ideas or had this problem? Thanks, Jim

Jim,

I had an issue with mine back in 2007 (see my response in this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=afs+1000b). But it sounds a little different than your issue. I would suggest giving Jet customer service a call and seeing if they can help you trouble shoot. They were pretty helpful then even though their solution didn't permanently fix my problem and I had to end up ordering a new PC board.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post
    My Jet AFS-1000B air cleaner(remote) just started having issues. I turned it on with the remote and now it won't do anything else. Including turning it off. I can turn it off at the air cleaner but not with the remote. All the remote will do is turn it on. Any ideas or had this problem? Thanks, Jim
    how old are the remote's batteries?

I should have mentioned, I replaced them with the same results.

Have you recently put new lights in shop? I had issues with my remote after installing new lights in the workshop.

Blog Entries
    Bingo - shut the lights off and try it. If it works, you've isolated the problem. This is the first time this has happened with Jet remotes, especially with flouresant lights.

Quote Originally Posted by greg burbidge View Post
    Have you recently put new lights in shop? I had issues with my remote after installing new lights in the workshop.

I haven't put any new lights in the shop in the past few years but I will turn them all off and try it that way today. Who knows, may just work.

Thanks.