Thread: A new use for bowls

Cool A new use for bowls

My 19 month old grandson Aiden came up with a new use for one of my bowls, a stepstool! Even though he can climb up on the ottoman without
    the help, he prefers to use this bowl, unless he is wearing it as a helmet! :) Attachment 253473
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Steven,

Looks like a great reason for buying some "stool tools". A regular bowl gouge, as we all well know, is just not sufficient for turning stool bowls (not to be confused with bowl stools), so, honey, I'm gonna have to buy this new _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 5/8" UV "stool" gouge. It's for the children......................
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Better put your HF's on a high shelf right next to the ultra thin bowls. Now that is a real utilitarian bowl.

Good one Richard, got a belly laugh! I just might try that except for the LOML is very understanding about tools already. My shop is right next to our family room, and is not large enough(like it ever could be), but just the other day she suggested we move the wall over and make the shop larger, and the family room smaller. I guess you can see why we just had our 40th anniversary, I decided a long time ago she is a keeper. I'm not sure what her excuse is for keeping me this long.

QUOTE=Richard Jones;2055935]Steven,

Looks like a great reason for buying some "stool tools". A regular bowl gouge, as we all well know, is just not sufficient for turning stool bowls (not to be confused with bowl stools), so, honey, I'm gonna have to buy this new _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 5/8" UV "stool" gouge. It's for the children......................[/QUOTE]
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.