Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest BLM HF with Void

Timothy, I fought off editing my photos, kicking and screaming. I think it was Keller that told me about Picassa (after about a dozen other people, but I had my fingers in my ears singing LA-LA-LA-LA-LA). He said it was criminal how easy it was...and it is FREE! So I, very reluctantly, downloaded it. Yup, easy as pie. There are a bunch of features you can use, and fun things you can do to your pics to make them artsy, but like I said, the ones I use the on every pic are "straighten", "crop", "auto contrast", and "auto color". Are my pics the best? No. But they are a LOT better than before I started editing. If you really want to get into the contrast and color by your own eye, you can. I just know that so much of it has to do with screen settings of monitors, that I don't even try. 'Cause what I think looks great on my TV (I use my TV for my monitor), might look horible on a computer screen or an Ipad. I notice that a while back when I was tweeking photos, and when I went to go print, the colors were WAY off.

Admittedly, I crop, but don't resize (for uploading) in Picassa. I haven't figured out how to do that yet in Picassa. So, after I'm done editing a photo in Picassa, I open it up in Paint, hit resize, and make the largest dimension 1024 pixels. That is a good dimension for web based uploads. Hope that helps! Funny, but your photography has to catch up to your turning.
    Last edited by Mike Cruz; 02-08-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    I drink, therefore I am.