Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowing !!

Snowing !!

The snow is here in Maine! It has been snowing since before 3:30 AM.Depending on who you listen to we are expecting from 12 inches to 30 inches !!!!
    The good thing is I can just sit inside and watch it. It is GREAT being retired !!!!!
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

We only got about five or six inches here (Milwaukee area). Then they said you guys on the right coast were going to get hit pretty hard.

I sort of like snow days. I just down a bunch of coffee and play around in the shop.

Stay safe. 12" + of snow is nothing to sneeze at!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Libby View Post
    The snow is here in Maine! It has been snowing since before 3:30 AM.Depending on who you listen to we are expecting from 12 inches to 30 inches !!!!
    The good thing is I can just sit inside and watch it. It is GREAT being retired !!!!!
    In Toronto, the storm has hit, and I had to drive to work.

I despise you retired types!

Ok, I admit it, I'm jealous of you retired types............Regards, Rod.

The weather cast here in the DFW metro said you all could get as much as 2 1/2' of the white fluffy stuff. Everyone be safe! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jealous!

We had a single 4" event, plus a few dustings up to maybe an inch. Not enough to get the plow out and play except for that one event.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I went skeet shooting in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas yesterday afternoon, 63 degrees. It is nice to be retired.

Blog Entries
    It started snowing here a couple of hours ago. We filled up the bird feeders and will watch it snow. Retired life is good.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    We filled up the bird feeders and will watch it snow. Retired life is good.
    ...Rub it in Lee...

Retirement -> Only 12 more years (..I hope..) and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tabor View Post
    I went skeet shooting in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas yesterday afternoon, 63 degrees. It is nice to be retired.
    Okay, now that's just mean!
    I'm running around filling propane tanks, gas tanks, stacking and covering wood, getting the plow on the tractor, and all other such nonsense, because I was at work yesterday , and wishing I could be skeet shooting.
    Gotta a spare room? I'll bring the shotguns. Beer too.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 02-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I hear it was so cold they had to chip the hound dog off the old oak tree.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I hear it was so cold they had to chip the hound dog off the old oak tree.

Nice one Brian.

Snow. I've heard of that. It's that white stuff up on the mountain, right?

Around here, it's supposed to snow down as low as 2500' tonight, and my grandaughter has to drive over a 3700+' pass to get to work on Saturday. She lives in the high desert where the elevation is 3000' Our place is right at the base of the 10,000'mountain, at 1800'. It's nice to look up at the snow, but glad we don't live there.

Rick Potter
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 02-08-2013 at 1:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Over here on the left coast the weather person last night was a bit surprised that we are in the second week of February without snow.

Sun is shining outside today.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Back in '72, when we lived WY, I had to dig down through 3' of snow to grease the windmill.

We had 10 inches on the ground this morning here in Mid Michigan on top of the 4 or so inches already on the ground. Sure glad I plowed my 300 foot driveway yesterday so I only had to deal with the extra 10 inches. The sky was bright blue and the Sun was shining as I was plowing.
    David B