Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snowing !!

Here the buds are swelling in the trees, the daffodils are up and it's looking decidedly like Spring. This isn't to say that we may not get a late snow, but Spring does usually start here in late January. Saw a picture on facebook this AM, taken by someone in Connecticut, of an open front door with snow all the way to the top.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
    Last edited by David Helm; 02-09-2013 at 2:33 PM.

I live downwind of the least competent city in the Western world (and it's not Caracas) - Fall River, MA.

The amount of snow was substantial, in excess of the predicted 16". The Chourizopithecus method to
    handle snow removal of this volume involves mostly bread, milk and scratch-off lottery tickets.

Just found out that a 24'' snow blower doesn't do to much when you have 3-4' drifts.Which is my whole driveway....Anyone that is getting snow if you have a direct vent furnace shovel out the exhaust vent.

We got about 1/4" here in Southeastern Pa. Most of it has already melted away.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Libby View Post
    The snow is here in Maine! It has been snowing since before 3:30 AM.Depending on who you listen to we are expecting from 12 inches to 30 inches !!!!
    The good thing is I can just sit inside and watch it. It is GREAT being retired !!!!!
    It is great being retired but the wife's aunt died and she wanted to go home for the funeral. 2 1/2 hr drive to London to catch her flight Fri. in the middle of the storm only to be told the flight was cancelled 15 minutes before we got there 2 hr drive home because the sun was up and roads had been ploughed. Did manage to get to Lee Valley which was only about a mile from the airport and dropped a couple hundred bucks.
    Saturday morning up a 5am and drive to London normal drive time of an hour this time. Waiting for her flight it's delayed, it's delayed again, the third time it was delayed she wouldn't have made it to Toronto in time for the connecting flight to Halifax. Rebooked for Monday Maybe this time I'm really getting tired of driving on crappy roads when I should still be in bed.
    Only consolation is when she is down there she can get a hundred bucks or so worth of Chris Bros pepperoni. Can't get it here and it's the best I ever found for my home made pizza.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project