Thread: Wolverine Set-Up Class Hand-out

Wolverine Set-Up Class Hand-out

This is the hand-out for the class I teach on the Wolverine sharpening system.This is my own way of setting it up that works well for me and gives the new students somewhere to start. I tell them all that it's my way and it may not work for them but it's a place to start. I thought it mite help some of the guy's or gal's here on the Creek.wolverinevari.jpgvarigrind.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Thanks for the handouts. It's always good to have a reference starting point from something that works. The biggest bonus of the wolverine jig is it's repeatable. The down side is it's adjustable so that you can grind your tools so they simply don't work. So if you don't have them setup right you get a repeatable bad grind.

I appreciate all of your handouts. Good teaching tools.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Sorry I don't know were the attachment came from.
    Matt: Just remember this is how I do it,If it works for you great if it give you a starting point great,but always remember the grind has to fit you and your turning and how you use the tool.
    Brian: I'll put some more on later.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Thanks Harry, I also appreciate having a starting point.
    Lori K

Hi,
    for those working on finding their special set up for the Wolverine Jig, take a look at the set up used by Dave in the D-Way videos. He is very precise including the measurement from the pocket to the stone(wheel). 7.25 inches.
    Dave does a great job of showing how he grinds his tools.
    Peter F.

Thanks Harry. Along with a starting point, it gives a repetitive set-up so that a consistent grind will be done. Jimmy Clewes said at a class the he uses the lenght of the pocket as his reference saying that it is always there and a block or other piece may not be available when he travels, but it is consistent.

I have been trying to load the file for future reference but can't seem to figure it out... :-(