Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

11 Feb 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
    I hope this finds out right-coast friends and woodworkers doing well with all the weather they've been having. We got some much needed rain and the temps warmed up a bit, but now the temps are cooler and it's back to a fire in the woodstove again.

Spent the weekend working for the day job as well as playing bass guitar at church. Watched a movie or two with the family and ate popcorn. The LOML and I are still doing the MyFitnessPal calorie counting and even though weight loss has been rather slow, some progress is still being made. It's sure harder to get it off than it is to add it on.

I've been saving some of my firewood pieces as several are highly figured with a lot of curl. My plans for those are wooden utensils for the LOML and LOML Jr.

I go back to oncall duty today....so it's back to the grind for me. So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Busy weekend for me. I was in Columbus for work most of the week (was supposed to go Monday but that storm was here Monday and I wasn't risking the drive.) On the way home I got a phone call reminding me about a Shaker Box class I was signed up for at Woodcraft, a birthday gift I got back in December. Good thing they called because I had completely forgotten! Got home and found my personal laptop is acting up--I think there's a bad connection to the screen--so I messed around with that, then went out laptop shopping because this one isn't worth putting any time or money into being a 6YO hand-me-down from work.

Saturday was the Woodcraft class which wrapped up a little early so I made a stop at Costco to check out the laptop options before coming home. In the evening, a local Creeker came to buy my old Unisaw. After we got him loaded up I shopped at Dell, chatted with a Dell rep, and ultimately ordered a new machine.

Sunday, I worked a little out in the shop sanding the shaker boxes and finishing up a shooting board to go with the LV LA Jack I got for Christmas. Afternoon was dedicated to visiting the MIL, then dinner at my parents'.

Extending the weekend today as we had an appraisal this morning, I want to get our taxes done, and have a few other things to do.

Let's see................Ran the snow blower, shovelled, salted...............Repeated as required..............Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Let's see................Ran the snow blower, shovelled, salted...............Repeated as required..............Rod.
    Yep, same here.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Yep, same here.

Well Mike, at least we can be grateful that we have a snow blower........LOL.............Rod.