Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not another PCS vs ICS table saw thread

ICS owner here. I felt the larger size and weight justified the extra cost. No regrets here. But I also think you would be completely happy with the PCS. Either way you can't go wrong.

I know enough to know that with saws, bigger is almost always better. So, if your budget allows it, get the ICS.

That being said, I have a PCS and I have not wished yet for more power. The larger surface issues can be solved with shop build tables.

Either saw is top notch. I would recommend getting the industrial mobile base and over the table dust collection with the saw you choose. I have a 3 HP PCS and it is very well built, packaged and more than enough HP for a hobbyist. The saw you choose between these two will make you extremely pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scott View Post
    I would think that as a hobbit your projects would be smaller and therefore the table size wouldn't be as much an issue.
    Plus, the ICS table iron is dwarf forged, "Made in Moria" so that might mean something to you.

"Made in Moria" -- Peter Hawser

But will it fit in a Hobbit hole workshop??....

Okay, I am really tempted to continue the Hobbit jokes, but I will try to stay on topic. I don't have a Saw Stop, but have used both quite a bit at friends shops. They are both great saws. My friend with the ICS added a sliding rig, router table extension and occasionally lands his F-18 on it. Would the extra table depth help there? I don't know. However, I have learned over and over - if I am ever torn between buying the two versions or models and the vacillating shows no sign of ending, just do it. Spend more and be done with it. If you don't there is a risk you will find yourself second guessing it for years. However, you will NEVER find yourself in the shop thinking, "Gosh darn it, this tool is just too awesome for me, I wish I would have gone cheaper."

Thanks for all the replies. I think i'm going to go with the ICS, I know if I purchased the PCS i'd wish I had gotten the ICS the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Smi View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I think i'm going to go with the ICS, I know if I purchased the PCS i'd wish I had gotten the ICS the entire time.
    That's what always happens to me. Dave

I have learned over the years that when I buy the best tool within my budget I soon forget the price tag and enjoy using it forever and never regret getting it.
    Whenever I have bought a lower priced item between my options chances are I have second thought myself later numerous times.
    I have an ICS and it's a joy to use it each time. I have opened it to its pieces to move to my basement (by myself) and put it back all together. It is very well designed/engineered.