Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A setback, and no turning for a while again, but I'm still around

Leo, that surgery is usually either successful, or, the outcome is tragic. I am so glad to hear yours went well. The medical profession has made great strides in dealing with aortic aneurysms. At one time, there was little hope of a good outcome. Apparently, you have more yet to accomplish in this life!!

Good to hear all is well now and that you were able to find the problem before it found you. As a Canadian citizen you are also fortunate that the procedure will not bankrupt you, your woodturning habit can do that...

Leo --- Lucky you caught it when you did! Hoping for a full and speedy recovery, and many more posts from you over the years.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Leo, that's a close one! Glad they found it and got it fixed. Speedy recovery.

My, my, my...don't check in for 4 hours and see what you miss!

Leo, sorry to hear you had to go through all that...and miss your trip on top of it. Glad to hear you are recovering well, though I know you are itching to turn. Turning runs through your veins as much as blood does. Get better. Get turning!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Glad to hear the surgery was successful Leo! It's better to discover it while it's repairable!

Follow the doctor's orders and get well.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Leo,
    That counts as a stroke of good fortune in my book. Glad you had a technician that picked up on the swelling and glad you found a surgeon that was skilled enough to fix you up. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Heal up quick Leo! I can relate to the shop reorganization taking WAY too long... I'm still living it LOL Take care of yourself and relax for awhile, the benefit of taking a break IMO (always looking on the bright side) is that it gives you lots of time to think of new ideas!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Good to hear things went as good as aspected. My neighbor lived on for 16 years after it was found while having a physical for a new job. He had a Gortex patch and got the job too. We all value you comments and suggestions. It good to know you are a good Mac user too.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Glad they caught it Leo! That's one kind of "thin wall" you don't need. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back at the lathe soon!
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

A scary story with a great ending. Hope you have a fast recovery with no more scares.

Leo,
    My Dad had the same procedure when he was 74 years old. He will be 90 next month so all other things being equal, expect a good long like. As his son I was told by his doctor to begin having ultra sounds every other year. It seems it can easily be handed down to male children. Glad they caught yours, it sounds like it was a time bomb. Was your surgery done with laproscopy or did they have to do it the hard way? I hope you were a candidate for the easier method because the recovery is much quicker. God bless and keep on keeping on.
    faust

Good to hear you're on the mend Leo. That's some serious stuff and you're lucky you found it before it was more serious. Get well!

That was close Leo...triple A is nothing to mess with. As you found out, it's a very invasive surgery. Your best friend right now is moving around and deep breathing...lack of either will result in pneumonia. Sorry about Cuba, I'll send you a postcard in March from a medical research trip on disaster management. First time there since medical missions aren't banned...it's gonna be fun!! Get better and keep moving!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

wish you well, take care, enjoy your future Cuba trip, no cigars