Thread: Hand Engraved Wayne Anderson Plane

Hand Engraved Wayne Anderson Plane

Just finished this up and thought I'd show it off to y'all. Wayne sent me this one a couple of months back to engrave. It's one of the most in depth projects I've ever taken on. It's also a turning point in my career as I just switched to full time engraving last week. I am taking commissions and my waiting list is less than 30 days at the moment. Hope you guys like it!. Layne Zuelke. IMG_2350.JPGIMG_2361.JPGIMG_2349.JPGI don't know how large these pics are so I'll include a link to my site with larger photos;
    Last edited by Dave Anderson NH; 02-13-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: removed link to commercial website

That is very,very nice!! The plane is also very,very nicely designed. Good luck with your new career in engraving!! Do you push or chisel?

I use everything. Push on small fine work, chisel on restorations of old guns, and the tool most engravers use today, the gravermeister. Which is just a pneumatic assist for the push graver. My flintlock work can be seen at
    Last edited by Dave Anderson NH; 02-13-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: removed link

I tried a Gravermeister briefly. It ran away with me,and obviously takes getting used to,and a freely swiveling vise,too!

beautiful work on both yours and Wayne's part!
    " Be willing to make mistakes in your basements, garages, apartments and palaces. I have made many. Your first attempts may be poor. They will not be futile. " - M.S. Bickford, Mouldings In Practice

Blog Entries
    Wow!

Wish my budget could afford such beautiful toys.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    wow that is stuning !

While I did NOT appreciate the T.V. show,I do appreciate your work shown here. I was a friend of Lynton McKenzie,by the way,perhaps one of the best engravers around.

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )
    As I have posted before - Layne does really special work - I am lucky enough to have four pieces he has done, and I commissioned him to
    do a white bronze LN 102 for a friend - stunning.
    I can hardly draw a stick man; I can't imagine being able to do the designs that Layne does.
    Nice to see the engraving on a plane that is worthy of much praise as well.

Dave B

I like that!

Now ya just gotta like that!
    The Plane Anarchist

That's one nice looking apron plane with the engraving its top shelf!Thanks for sharing.

Incredible! The plane design is just great and the engraving really sets it off. This is about as nice as it gets.

That is an awesome job! I'm curious how many hours you have in a project like that...
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

For those interested in looking at some of Layne's work, you can find his website by googling "cajunhandplanes"