Stopped in on the Saturday Market AKA Flea Market today while in Olympia, WA.

One of the vendors had a lot of tools he bought at a unclaimed storage sale. He had a few tool boxes full of tools. Some at decent prices. The only one that seemed to need to go home with me was an early #52 spokeshave.

8$ Spokeshave.jpg

A little rough and rusty.

8$ Spoke Shave Sole.jpg

The sole needed a little work.

Took it out to the shop to clean up and sharpen the blade. Works fairly well for $8.

BRACE YOURSELF

If anyone in the Olympia, WA area is looking for a Millers Falls brace (1231 ?) with a 12" sweep, there was one in one of the antique malls on 4th Ave. It was priced at $18.95 iirc, send me a PM for the information on which mall and which stall.

There is no relationship between the shop and me. I do not sell anything in their store. My only relationship is that there are a few stalls with tools that I like to look at while in Olympia. One upstairs has a lot of chisels and gouges. Most a little higher price than I will pay since they would be duplicates for me. Also some planes of various types, price and quality. Both of the antique malls on 4th Ave. have some tools. They also change often.

jtk

jtk