Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do all the 10% off Lowes coupons come from?

Where do all the 10% off Lowes coupons come from?

I moved 6 months ago and am now building my shop. I have spent sever thousand there and saved several hundred with 10$ off coupons that I buy at ebay for $2.

Where do the sellers get them? One guy has about 50 auctions a day for 5 coupons each, so he has to get 250 a day. How?

My guess is that Lowes see it a s a promotional activity and just feed these guys coupons. People who buy at 10% off get the normal price and suckers who don't get the sucker price. Well that's my theory. Any know.

You get them for free at the post office. Ask for the moving pack.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    You get them for free at the post office. Ask for the moving pack.
    Not any more. It's all done online, where you can print out one Lowes 10%er. Haven't seen an actual "Change Of Address Kit" at the Post Office since late 2010.

We can still get those packs here.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

The ones my Post Office has let you register your email address with Lowes to get a coupon.
    IIRC, my email address was on the coupon.
    These guys are selling hundreds daily; they are links to Lowes, which come up with one use bar coded coupons with no email address.
    So I don't think they are getting them from Post Offices.
    But where?

Most post offices around here keep the change of address packets behind the counter now. Just ask for one. (of course, that is to keep people from taking the whole stack, so you may not be able to get a lot of coupons that way)

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    So I don't think they are getting them from Post Offices.
    But where?
    It could be USPS employees taking them.

If you want a better deal grab one of your WW magazines and pull out the 20% off coupon to harbor freight and bring it in.

One of the local carrier annexes had the moving packets just out on the counter last spring/summer. I took 4 or 5 of them. The coupons only came in the full packets. The little one page fliers advising you to forward you mail online did not have the coupons.

Supposedly, the full packets no longer have the Lowe's coupons so I have no idea where the Ebay folks are getting them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cuetara View Post
    If you want a better deal grab one of your WW magazines and pull out the 20% off coupon to harbor freight and bring it in.
    The Lowe's coupon they're talking about is 10% off the whole order. Lumber, windows, tools, tile, thinset, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Can be significantly more than 20% off one item (and lord knows I make my love of the Harbor Freight 20%er obvious around SMC). The Lowe's coupon is a great remodeling coupon, especially when used at lower-priced Home Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cuetara View Post
    If you do want a truly better deal on one item, try this 25% one, good through 3/12/13.

HF.jpg

Joe tried that one and home depot will not honor any printed coupons. I walked over to the magazine rack and pulled out one of the 20% off one's and they accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I moved 6 months ago and am now building my shop. I have spent sever thousand there and saved several hundred with 10$ off coupons that I buy at ebay for $2.
    Don't buy those off eBay, get them free online. Just think that guy made enough to remodel his house. What a racket.
    Last edited by John Fabre; 02-20-2013 at 7:38 PM.
    "Dear God, my prayer for 2018 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last four years."

Quote Originally Posted by John Fabre View Post
    Don't buy those off eBay, get them free online. Just think that guy made enough to remodel his house. What a racket.
    Okay, how do you get them free online? If that's possible, it might answer my question...