Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are my Delta parts!?

Where are my Delta parts!?

Rant on.

What is up with getting spare parts from Delta? I ordered a couple of Delta parts through Servicenet. They are in stock. This I confirmed by calling Servicenet. The Servicenet website said they would ship within two business days. That was three weeks ago. When I spoke to the Servicenet guys they said some customers are waiting a year for their parts.

Apparently getting Delta parts is a problem even if they are in stock. I have two Delta machines. I think these will be the last two.

Rant off.

I ordered a special blade loosening/ tightening wrench for my Delta thickness planer. I forget who I ordered it from. It's been about 9 years now. I'm gonna go check the mailbox BRB.

That was at least 3 owners ago!

I wish you could attribute this to the pains of transitioning to new ownership, but I will tell you as a guy that owns three major delta shop machines of a certain age, they have stunk for a long time. I have been divesting of their machines for just this reason. Never going to buy another. On the bright side, they last a long time and I have needed relatively few parts to keep them going.

What's going on with Delta exactly ?

I know it's too late, but I would suggest getting parts from ereplacementparts. I've had good service from them in the past.

Yeah, it seems like almost all of their parts are out of stock, and the ones that are listed as in stock really aren't. Delta really has ecome pretty useless for new tools now. But I really hope somebody sorts out the parts mess because there is a pretty big pipeline of old Delta machines out there in the wild that are starting to have bits fail.

As Matt said, there are a handful of other parts suppliers out there that are worth checking too. Just be careful to check stock. A lot of them are wiped out on Delta stock now too. Once the stock is gone it is not being replaced.

Just guessing here- I suspect the blame for problems can be spread among all three parties mentioned here. The new owners of Delta may have contracted with ServiceNet to handle parts for all machines sold by the previous owners (Stanley, Black&Decker, Dewalt, Delta-Pentair, etc). The new Delta may not have received a full inventory old parts. It may be that the new Delta is not selling newer versions of the old machines so has put less priority on old machines. It may also be that some parts are still coming from the previous owners and that their inventory control on parts for machines they no longer sell might not be the best. And finally, ServiceNet is a huge independent corporation that provides parts and repair management for many companies- they may be caught in the middle.
    Last edited by Alan Schaffter; 02-21-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Duksta View Post
    Rant on.

What is up with getting spare parts from Delta? I ordered a couple of Delta parts through Servicenet. They are in stock. This I confirmed by calling Servicenet. The Servicenet website said they would ship within two business days. That was three weeks ago. When I spoke to the Servicenet guys they said some customers are waiting a year for their parts.

Apparently getting Delta parts is a problem even if they are in stock. I have two Delta machines. I think these will be the last two.

Rant off.
    Mark
    If you have a Dewalt Service Center near you. You can order your parts from them, check on available, have it shipped to service center. paid no $$$ up front, and no shipping charges.

Thomas, I asked about going that route. They said they are in the same boat. They would have to wait on the parts also. The service center is in the next city over. I would be willing to take a drive to get the parts.

Alan, I believe you're right. Servicenet is caught in the middle.

Matt, I've been looking at all the various parts suppliers online. Even called a few places. It seems Delta parts are just not available.

It's a bandsaw that I'm trying to fix. The part costs $7.00, a pulley. A special pulley. One that appears to be made specifically for the bandsaw.

I have a plan to rig it. Maybe it will work. Maybe I should sell it for parts. It looks like there is a demand.

Did you try Iturra?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Duksta View Post
    It's a bandsaw that I'm trying to fix. The part costs $7.00, a pulley. A special pulley. One that appears to be made specifically for the bandsaw.
    Put up a WTB ad.
    What pulley is it?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Welcome to the new Delta.

To be fair, if they have the parts, they do ship quickly! This past fall, I had a few pieces needed for my 3HP shaper. In stock and received within 3 or 4 days.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

The message I take away from this is to avoid the original offender; that is, do not buy anything under the umbrella of: Stanley, B&D, Porter Cable, Dewalt, Delta, Pentair, etc.

First of all, which brand will be the next Corporate orphan

Second of all, it appears that this divorce was not handled well

Third of all it appears that Delta, when it was owned by Stanley was not recently supportive of its brand.

Conclusion: Why would I want to invest my long-term tool dollars into a firm with a very short term view of its customers? Just sayin'.