View Poll Results: If you bought a new table saw, what brand/type it is and when you bought it?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • I bought a Grizzly in or after 2006

40 14.65%
  • I bought a Unisaw in or after 2006

17 6.23%
  • I bought a slider in or after 2006

38 13.92%
  • I bought a Sawstop in or after 2006

62 22.71%
  • I bought a non-sawstop tablesaw before 2006 but would buy a Sawstop if I had to buy today.

51 18.68%
  • I bought a tabelsaw (not slider/sawstop) before 2006 and would not buy a Sawstop today.

65 23.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: what brand of table saw you bought

Poll: what brand of table saw you bought

NOTE: This pole is targeted at people who have bought a NEW tablesaw (sliding table saws included).
    So if you have not bought a NEW tablesaw please do not vote.

Also, this is not intended to be a thread discussing merits of one specific brand or type of saw vs others nor to be turned into politics.

I understand the poll is not giving some options some people would like to see, or isn't inclusive of all brands.

The specific date 2006 is about the time SS became readily available.

This is a non-scientific simple survey of some users. I know it has many flaws and I am not trying to use this to draw any scientific or valuable conclusions.

Just trying to see how many of some of the brands or types are being bought/sold.

Edit: I forgot to add another option: Those who bought a different cabinet saw brand after 2006. Perhaps those who fall into this category could just post in this thread.
    Last edited by mreza Salav; 02-21-2013 at 3:50 PM.

Wow, 50% of us bought a slider................LOL..................Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Wow, 50% of us bought a slider................LOL..................Rod.
    Nope... Only 33.3% NOW

Apparently us slider guys are good at slacking off early today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Apparently us slider guys are good at slacking off early today!
    So that's why they call you sliders.

Mreza Salav: Interesting how you devised and phrased your polling questions.

Might lead to some interesting results, especially the number of those -- like me -- who opted for: “I bought a non-sawstop tablesaw before 2006 but would buy a Sawstop if I had to buy today.”

My wife bought me my Ridgid TS3650 for christmas back in 2005. Never wanted anything more than that till SawStop came on the market. I make my living working in a cabinet shop and have access to sliders and cabinet saws and even a cnc but I wouldn't trade my Contractor saw for any of them. If I were to get a SawStop it would be the contractor as I could them mount it on the mobile base my Ridgid is mounted on.

Quote Originally Posted by John Donofrio View Post
    Nope... Only 33.3% NOW
    I knocked it down to 29.63%

I bought a new, mid-sized sliding table saw before 2006 (long before 2006) and would buy the same or a similar saw today; in other words, I'd rate the sliding table more valuable to me than the saw stop feature, even though I dinged a finger tip once on a previous saw (the blade had not been re-tensioned after the arbor hole was bored out to a larger size).

I bought a PM 66 before SS was available, I voted would buy a SS today, and I would if I were buying a cabinet saw. But if I had it to do over right now I'd buy an 8' slider, find some way to make up the difference in cost. It would be nice to have a slider with breaking technology, and an electric break. Does the saw stop have a breaking motor? Under non emergency situations?

I bought a Shop Fox W1677 in 2008. Other than being white, it's physically the same saw as a Griz G1023SL, and they're associated companies, so I voted it as a Grizzly saw.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I bought a tabelsaw (not slider/sawstop) before 2006 but would buy a Slider if I had to buy today

Blog Entries
    Just curious, what are you going to use this information for? Do you have some specific motive, or is it just for you own curiosity and amusement?
    BTW I bought my saw in 2005 so I am not participating. Even though I still consider my saw new! Oh, wait, I can vote, so I did!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 02-21-2013 at 6:33 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Why did you choose 2006? Sawstops were available before 2006.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Blog Entries
    I bought a Unisaw about 2002 or so, I voted if I had to buy a saw today I'd buy a Sawstop but I'm really mixed about that.

There is a real part of me that says what about the rest of the tools in the shop that don't have flesh sensing technology?

Not meaning to start an argument I'm just saying I'm mixed about it.

PHM