Thread: Traveling Creeker Matt Meiser Visits the lonely Mark

Traveling Creeker Matt Meiser Visits the lonely Mark

Well last evening , I had the pleasure of a travelling creeker,Matt Meiser paid me a visit. We had so much fun we didn't take any pics....you will have to trust me....I no that is not easy...He is a great guy...very knowlegeable and it sounds like he has a great shop... He was here on business... we had a little food and drink.. and off he went...into the vast Creekerville sunset... I enjoyed his company and I showed him my shop , some furniture and we taked about wood...and the normal stuff woodworkers that travel around the world discuss.... He is another nice SMC guy!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

It was great to visit Mark. He and his wife were great hosts. Mark showed me around his amazing house, shop, and office. We then had a wonderful dinner before returning to the shop where Mark showed me his his various tools, let me try out a variety of different saws, and gave me a lot of tips.

Mark has made some beautiful furniture, mostly from woods I've never seen in person before last night. If you have a chance to visit Mark, don't miss the opportunity.

Mark's going to have to put a little wooden post just inside the shop to tick off each visit as the list has started to grow!! 'Glad you both had a good time...definitely a "candy store" visit with all that wonderful furniture, architecture and most important, fellowship.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,

It is always fun for me when my SMC guys visit....Roy Wall may be next...I am looking forward to meeting him...Like they say on that show..."Come on Down"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Mark's going to have to put a little wooden post just inside the shop to tick off each visit as the list has started to grow!! 'Glad you both had a good time...definitely a "candy store" visit with all that wonderful furniture, architecture and most important, fellowship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Jim,

It is always fun for me when my SMC guys visit....Roy Wall may be next...I am looking forward to meeting him...Like they say on that show..."Come on Down"
    We're working on the flight plan this evening...........making call, looking @ calendar...yada , yada, yada

hey mark, is this an invitation??hehehe.
    i was in irvine on monday, my corporate office is there, so i am in OC a lot, maybe one day...............but if you ever make it a tad north, let me know.you still got my number??

sascha

Sascha, as long as you're not driving during rush hour, Mark's place isn't all that far from Irvine. Do it! You'll be glad you did.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sascha,

Send me a PM and let me know when you will be around.....I would enjoy seeing you! I will be in my corporate office too!

Quote Originally Posted by sascha gast
    hey mark, is this an invitation??hehehe.
    i was in irvine on monday, my corporate office is there, so i am in OC a lot, maybe one day...............but if you ever make it a tad north, let me know.you still got my number??

sascha
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 05-06-2005 at 9:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Like they say on that show..."Come on Down"
    Mark, I was down by the beach this evening (can't fly home until tomorrow morning.) Looking at where your house is I think you need to say "Come on UP--waaayyyyy UP!"

I guess I got one of the prime spots here....We could have been on the water...no privacy and no shop...I stay right where I is....
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    Mark, I was down by the beach this evening (can't fly home until tomorrow morning.) Looking at where your house is I think you need to say "Come on UP--waaayyyyy UP!"

i'll definetely check in with you soon, might even stop by in stanton to go to woodcraft,hehehe.

sascha

PS. mark remember our chat about a 15" planer?? i ordered the Pm 15" and also a hegner scroll saw. can't wait
    thanx for you help

sascha

Sascha,
    Your really a fast mover in Woodworking....I can't believe you are only working for a few years...you are in with both feet and you are getting the best tools and producimg incredible work...I really enjoyed David Marks...I even sent him an Email telling him how terrific his lecture was...Ryan and I had a great time that day! Let me know when your in the are...if I have a few days notice I can move things around..

Punishment!!!

You are both hereby Punished/Banished for NO PICTURES of such a momentous meeting!! That is unacceptable on this forum. Tyler! Where are you when I need you?? Sounds like a good visit.
    Jerry