Thread: Second Cheap table

Cool Second Cheap table

Is about ready for a few coats of varnishSDC14393.jpgThe top's edges have been beveled with a few handplanes, as most of the work on this table was done with hand tools. Found a lot of end grain in the face of one apronSDC14392.jpgThe boards for the long aprons were, at one time, a "rafter" in an old barn/garage. I resawed a rafter last year, this is what it was made of. Seems to be a Sycamore type of wood. Oak from an old 2x8 plank, and a waterbed's side frame for the top. Pictures show what this little TV Table looks like after 1 coat of BLO. Legs are around 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 19". Aprons are 3" wide. Top is 35" long. Total cost so far? $00.00

Now has a few coats of finish on itSDC14401.jpgSDC14400.jpgSDC14402.jpg Just a cheap little TV Table, from reclaimed lumber, built with a few hand tools

That's a good little table Steven...and the price is certainly right. I see from your title "second" cheap table. Is there a theme or reason here for building multiple cheap tables? Just curious if you have a bigger objective....

Simple often has a beauty of its own!
    Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Looks nice, old construction lumber is a treasure hunt.

A theme would be the use of old boards just laying over the shop. Reclaim, reuse, and recycle is what I do. I like the price of such lumber. I do have to go with what sizes I can find, and then find a way to use them. When one needs money for the household expenses, and going to and from a day job, cheap lumber comes in very handy, just to keep what few skills I have in shape.