Thread: black bass from cedar... trial run

black bass from cedar... trial run

used a piece of cedar to do a trial run for a fish display out of black walnut

http://youtu.be/rAe7JqPaVGs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool Stan. Thanks for the link. I love watching cnc's in action.

Shouldn't you be using Basswood for that?
    Last edited by Guy Hilliard; 02-24-2013 at 7:48 PM.
    Guy Hilliard

Sawdust and Noise

Trotec Speedy 400 w 80W, rotary attachment, vacuum table, cutting table, lamella bars

AXYZ 4008 w 7 position ATC, Servos, Vacuum, pins, laser digitizer

CorelDRAW X6,
    Rhino 5,
    Aspire

That's neat. How did you digitize the fish?

Hey Stan...Thanks for sharing. What are you using for your DC shield? Is that what you use all the time or is it just to capture video? What size horsepower spindle/router do you have? I would have run mine at about 600 IPM and use a 1/2" bit to rough and then around 400-500 IPM with an 1/8" tapered ball nose to finish. 100IPM is painfully slow for me.

So did I read correct that you are doing both sides? I have seen some done that way and they hang them from the ceiling with a fishing line.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

the file was an *.stl file ,i use a porter cable router 3.25 hp 1/4 bit at 100in/min and i am doing both sides,i used to switch bits when i used end mills
    not with these new spiral bits i use it for bothe rough and fianl cut ,dust collector is made by the machine with a soft plastic instead of hair so the video can be shot
    works about 80 %