Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Value of 1998 Unisaw Never Used

I thought the original poster had mentioned only one model and saw. I see numerous post focusing on other saws. It's one thing to comment about different options when the original poster asks about two or more choices but it's another when the original poster asks only about one. Isn't it best to answer the question asked rather than pontificate about your preferences? The original poster said he wanted a Delta. That wasn't my choice on buying a new saw, but it's his right to make that choice. We should respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dromey View Post
    ........ I now have a cheap Craftsman contractors saw. Boy did I think it was worth gold when I bought it. It is the biggest pile of metal I have ever had. I wanted to use other words. As far as I am concerned the Unisaw one of or possible the best saw ever made. We will see what the new owners of Delta does to the brand.
    if you're c-man is an emerson built TS and it's not performing for you, there are probably two things wrong with it. (A) it probably has it's OEM fence, and if it's the one that only cuts to the right of the blade, it really isn't terribly good. a t2 would make that a new saw. or (B) it isn't set up properly. i have two saws of that type and kept them both over an "old arn" unisaw that i refurbished and ultimately sold. i got it for $40 in gas money and wanted to see what all the hoopla about old unisaws was. and now that i have, i can say i've scratched that itch and don't miss the unisaw at all. you don't have to spend a lot of money to do fine woodworking.

Joeseph: I thought the same thing about the fence. But this saw is only about 12 years old or so. It is an import. I don't believe it is a Emerson made craftsman. When did they quit making saws for Craftsman?

Now that they exist on every saw, I would not ever under any circumstances have a table saw in my shop that didn't have a riving knife. You couldn't give me a saw without a riving knife.