Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: very poor customer service from jessEm but great from dowelmax

very poor customer service from jessEm but great from dowelmax

I enquired to JessEm about shipping a dowel jig to my location. Over one week later they responded requesting my shipping address. Now, almost three weeks later, still no response from them.I've since ordered a dowelmax, and although a little more expensive than the jessem, their ordering experience was much smoother with lightening fast shipping. It's a quality product too.just thought I'd post my opinion.

I'm suprised to hear that about Jessem - I have always received excellent service from them.

I have a few JessEm items. I have never ordered from them directly or had to call customer service. I have had rumors to which you speak. I got my JessEm doweling jig from another place for a lot cheaper. I am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Chapman View Post
    I'm suprised to hear that about Jessem - I have always received excellent service from them.
    This was my first dealing with them, and will be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I have a few JessEm items. I have never ordered from them directly or had to call customer service. I have had rumors to which you speak. I got my JessEm doweling jig from another place for a lot cheaper. I am happy with it.
    Me too!!!!!

What is your location?

I would never judge an entire company by one experience, especially when they are human and not every single service person is going to be stellar.

How many times did you call them and/or email them? Did you call/email once and then just wait for a response? I'm not saying they shouldn't have gotten back to you sooner, but you could have called them to find out what was going on instead of giving up.

Sorry to hear about your experience though. Mine was great with them and their product is top notch. Congrats on your Dowlemax purchase, I'm sure you'll love it.

Blog Entries
    I had called them one time about their miter slide. I mentioned I'd like to attach it to my incra fence, they weren't mean but I could tell they were not happy about it. They said it couldn't be done. 2 little 3/4" x1" x 1-1/2" blocks to space it up & I was good to go.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Chapman View Post
    Same for me. I always ordered directly from Jessem direct and i received it within a week. What country are you from ?

Eoin is in Ireland.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Last fall I emailed Jessem with a question concerning their router table fence. After a week or so, with no response, I ruled out ordering the Jessem and went with a Kreg table & fence. Incidentally, Jessem never did respond (but in all fairness, I never did a follow-up email).
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

I ordered a fence piece from them. It came 7 months later. A few weeks would have been like lightening fast. I am in IL USA. They are nice folks but not in it to win it for sure.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have to agree with Matt. I have had nothing but excellent service from them. Even when they made a mistake they took care of it quickly and never ask for payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zaffuto View Post
    Last fall I emailed Jessem with a question concerning their router table fence. After a week or so, with no response, I ruled out ordering the Jessem and went with a Kreg table & fence. Incidentally, Jessem never did respond (but in all fairness, I never did a follow-up email).
    You shouldn't have to follow up. It seems like vendors are either going one way or the other in service. If they don't respond to emails with questions, either they're viewing the email as not that important to respond to or they're spending their time elsewhere and made a decision in terms of priorities. Which is fine, I don't want to make it out like every company that doesn't answer emails or return phone calls should go out of business. They just don't get mine. I would've done exactly what you did.

I have had nothing but great service with Jessem, the last time I emailed them at 8:15 and had a replay by 8:45.
    I think that their products are very good and made to last, I have had NO problems with any of my Jessem equipment.

People way underestimate what it takes for a small business to handle all the requests they get via phone and E-Mail.

The special requests ("you don't normally do this, but can you do it for me?") can eat a ton of time and are often (as they should be) assigned a pretty low priority.

I don't think it is fair to indict a company for not being able to address special requests in what a prospective client perceives as a timely manner.