Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: very poor customer service from jessEm but great from dowelmax

Why wouldn't you send them a follow up email instead of waiting 3 weeks and then complaining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    How are they supposed to know who to reply to at this point if you didn't use your own e-mail? Do you expect them to guess your friend's name?
    You are missing the point - they should respond to every customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Ryans View Post
    You are missing the point - they should respond to every customer.
    Maybe they did. Since there are multiple computers and multiple e-mail accounts in play here it is very possible that the error is not on Jessem's end. Under the circumstances I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Jessem not responding to an E-Mail they may or may not have received (that was sent from your friend's account because you couldn't even remember your own password) just isn't enough to drag a good company's name through the mud like this.

To now claim that Jessem is only responding because the matter became public is completely unfair.

Jessem may have been lucky not to do business with you, I can only imagine your reaction if you had received a unit with shipping damage, or otherwise experienced a problem.
    I am not draggin their name through the mud - if that is your interpretation, then that is fine. I am just stating the facts of my experience.

I am not that upset,believe me. (Written expression is often a poor method of communication as the tone of the message is often mis-interpretated). To re-iterate,
    I am just stating the facts of my experience with the company.
    I am not adding to, or taking away from the story.
    It is not as big an issue to me as some may think.
    For the amount of online purchases I have made over the past ten years I have had never had such a poor service from a company. (Again, please take this for what it is)
    Make up your own mind on JessEm - this is just one person's opinion.
    Last edited by Eoin Ryans; 02-28-2013 at 12:00 PM.

I am not draggin their name through the mud ..
    It sure sounds like it.
    (Again, please take this for what it is)
    We have,please read the replies again.

Eoin,what's wrong with admitting that may be you jumped the gun a little too fast with your complain?
    You sound like a logical and level headed man who would like to have the last word,well I for one would respect you even more for at least admitting you were partially to blame.
    Regards.
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    I ordered a fence piece from them. It came 7 months later. A few weeks would have been like lightening fast. I am in IL USA. They are nice folks but not in it to win it for sure.
    WOW, that is some patience. I personally would have cancelled after 3-4 weeks. If a company can not get you a product in that time frame or less then that is poor customer service to me and it says they don't care about the customer; and as you said they are "not in it to win it"
    Last edited by Trevor Roeder; 02-28-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Roeder View Post
    WOW, that is some patience. I personally would have cancelled after 3-4 weeks. If a company can not get you a product in that time frame or less then that is poor customer service to me and it says they don't care about the customer; and as you said they are "not in it to win it"
    Heh. Try ordering a necessary part for your lathe from Teknatool.

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    It sure sounds like it.

We have,please read the replies again.

Eoin,what's wrong with admitting that may be you jumped the gun a little too fast with your complain?
    You sound like a logical and level headed man who would like to have the last word,well I for one would respect you even more for at least admitting you were partially to blame.
    Regards.
    Ken.
    Fair enough Ken, I may have jumped the gun a bit. I think this is due to the fact that the Dowelmax arrived and that prompted me to post here.
    I wouldn't consider myself a person who would have over-reactions to things like this. After all, I am happy, I have my Dowelmax!
    Of course if I didnt order the Dowelmax for whatever reason, I would have probably contacted JessEm once again with a reminder.

I'm not sure that saying that I am partially to blame is the correct way of describing it. JessEm certainly don't seem to have the highest level of customer standards going on some comments from other members here.

Anyway, I think I'm done with posting on this subject - it's gotten more attention than it deserves!

Thanks guys, and no hard feelings JessEm, but for Petes sake, up your game and respond to your customers emails!!!

God Bless
    Eoin