Thread: What size Festool Dust Extractor

What size Festool Dust Extractor

Ok, I give up and need to get the Festool dust extractor. I converted a shop vac, but more Rube Goldburg than anything. I am trying to decided to get the dust deputy that sits on top of the dust extractor. It says it fits the CT models. Anyone using that. The midi is 3.9 gallons, the CT26 is 6.9 gallons. Is the midi big enough. Do I need bigger than the midi if i am getting the dust deputy? Or just add the 5 gallon bucket dust deputy and get the CT36 with the money. Anyone using the dust deputy made for Festoot or how are you mounting the dust deputy?
    Last edited by William C Rogers; 02-26-2013 at 4:25 AM.

Bill, I've owned a Midi and a CT-36 over the years, and what I will say is go big, you won't regret the decision. I upgraded from the Midi within a year because I was tired of changing bags, and feeling like I could not use it for the occassional clean up of shavings around my bench because it would fill up too quickly. IMO the additional features and capabilities and size most of all with the CT-36 are well worth it, particularly if you use it coupled to other Festool Products; I used to do a lot of sanding with an RO125 sander. I don't have personal experience with the Dust Deputy for the CT-36 however, I use one with my Shop Vac and it works great!

Chris

Hope that helps.
    Building a New Shop...

all the ct26/36/46 are the same just different catchment size. an option is to get the smallest one and fit a Onedia dust deputy or the like