• Tract Saw

27 27.27%
  • ETS Sander

11 11.11%
  • RO Sander

6 6.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Festool Poll

The answer is the drill. Seriously there is no market equivalent.
    -Brian

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Yes, yes it does.
    That's what I was afraid of...

I voted for the Domino because it is a unique tool that makes loose mortise and tenon joinery feasible for the relatively inexperienced, not to mention the speed. I didn't want to spend the money on the Domino but after looking at the alternatives, it seemed like the best choice for me and I've not regretted the purchase.

Tom

4. i voted domino because it is a game changer. the ts55 is an amazing tool and get used 4 times more but could be replaced with the table saw if i wasnted . althow it would be a pain.. i dont think i could replace the domino (maybe with the domino 700 xl ) .
    a hand held circular saw and straight edge would do the job (it did me for years) of the ts55.

i wouldnt want to be without any of my festools. the drill is only a luxury,

Whichever one I happen to be using!

It's not on the list. It's my dust extractor.

The only other Festool item I have is a Domino. I like it, it works o.k. when I want to use it but I don't consider it a must have. It's a convenience.

What would be a "must have" would be one of their sanders. Fortunately my old PC ROS's have a circular port that connects perfectly to the dust extractor's hose. Until those die I don't think I'll be getting one. Unless someone can make a convincing argument for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by John Piwaron View Post
    It's not on the list. It's my dust extractor.

The only other Festool item I have is a Domino. I like it, it works o.k. when I want to use it but I don't consider it a must have. It's a convenience.

What would be a "must have" would be one of their sanders. Fortunately my old PC ROS's have a circular port that connects perfectly to the dust extractor's hose. Until those die I don't think I'll be getting one. Unless someone can make a convincing argument for replacement.
    I have a Fein Turbo II that I bought used for under $100. I bought the TS 75 from a guy looking to sell his Festool vac. I tried the TS 75 with the Festool vac, but didn't feel it was enough better than the Fein (actually, other than the flat top, I thought he Fein kicked it's rear-end) to justify the extra $400 asking price. I don't think there is a tool that takes the place of the Domino, if you're looking for a M/T machine. The tracksaw is nice, but unless you need high DC (and you can get close with a PC MAG with some mods and a home-made track), the track saw has several competitors with varying price points and benefits. I honestly just don't see the benefit of the sanders over the higher end (and less expensive) Bosch or PC sanders, and my Dynabrades (on a big compressor) are probably better as far as vibration. IMHO, the Festool jigsaw is comparable to the top of the line Bosch unit, which is much more affordable. The old school PC jigsaw isn't bad, either.

Festools are definitely high end, quality pieces of equipment. There's no doubt that they are a solid choice for someone using them everyday for a living. Are there alternatives? You bet. Which is the best for you? Only you can decide. And at what premium? Again, only you can decide.

I know, I'm a heretic.
    Last edited by Homer Faucett; 02-28-2013 at 1:32 PM.