27 27.27%
  • ETS Sander

11 11.11%
  • RO Sander

6 6.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Festool Poll

Favorite Festool Poll

I know there is another thread, but a poll would be far easier to interpret.
    Basically, what is your absolutely favorite, wouldn't live without festool, dust extractor and accessories excluded.

Blog Entries
    Definitely the Domino! That tool makes strong joinery so fast and rock solid. It had me doing projects I wouldn't have even considered due to complex joinery that would have taken too long.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I voted domino also, while I enjoy using different Festool products, this one for me would be the hardest to replace. There are many different sanders, saws, vacs and drills out there, but not many mfgs. offer a domino substitute.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

15+3 Drill and Rotex

No question - the Domino. I use it in almost all of my projects. Great invention.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Track saw was my choice. Limited space + track saw makes breaking down sheet goods with accuracy a pleasure.

I was torn between tract saw and domino, but it looks like Domino has a strong lead.

I picked the ETS because I only have that and a Rotex and I've barely used the Rotex. Now that I see the Domino kicking butt, does that mean I have to buy that next?

The domino will set your joinery free Julie , but my first vote is for the track saw. This tool has changed the way I work. Close 2nd is the domino, but a good Lamello has its place and is a fair competitor. Notice I specify Lamello and not just any old biscuit machine. Not as precise but still an excellent alignment tool. The imprecise aspect is the virtue of the biscuits over the dominos.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Mor View Post
    I picked the ETS because I only have that and a Rotex and I've barely used the Rotex. Now that I see the Domino kicking butt, does that mean I have to buy that next?

Yes, yes it does.

11. I voted tack saw only because I have not used my Domino yet. I got it a couple weeks ago but have been busy with work, family and finishing a couple of bookcases for the wife. I am sure if it's half as good as everyone claims it is, I may have to change my vote.

Blog Entries
    While the Domino is an expensive investment, I don't know one person that has regretted their purchase. As a matter fact, anyone I've ever talked to about it has said they love it and it's changed the way they do joinery. Anyone here have the big one that will do a 5 inch long domino?
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I vote TS saw but only with the MFT/3. I can easily get more accurate square cuts on panels than with my cabinet saw as the material and saw are locked in position. I still prefer my DowelMax to my Domino if needing flush surface joints when edge joining material. Can easily get within a couple thousandths with the DowelMax but fair amount of variance with the Domino causing lots of grief trying to finish sand.

Track saw with ETS 150/3 slightly behind.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I'm not voting. Why? I just can't seem to pick just one. Track saw, domino and RO sander are a must have.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska