Thread: Jet 18 " bandsaw

Jet 18 " bandsaw

anyone know of a site that shows older Jet tools

Saw a ad for a jet JSV 18 cant find it anywhere.

thanks for the help

Dave

I cannot find anything either. Makes me think that they have the model number wrong. Any picks in the ad? That might give a clue which model it really is.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Has to be a typo - should be jbs (jet band saw) 18......

My co worker was just at the place an got a delta saw. He checked the model for me. May have to drive an see it myself.

Wish I would of had him snap a few pics.

Said it was gray not white like my Jet lathes.
    Last edited by David Dobbs; 03-01-2013 at 4:46 PM.

I found a little more about it. It is a JBS 18, setting 10 years, an not hooked to power now.

Not being able to see it run an setting that long.

Think I will keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dobbs View Post
    I found a little more about it. It is a JBS 18, setting 10 years, an not hooked to power now.

Not being able to see it run an setting that long.

Think I will keep looking.

David
    That may be an erroneous assumption.
    Jet's first 18" bandsaw had < 12" of resaw height, IIRC it was 9" or 10". About 2004/05 Rikon and Grizzly came out with 18" models that had 12"of resaw height. Jet followed suit about 2 years later and the 18"Jet had 12" of resaw also. It may have sat, because it was limited in what it could do. Both Jet 18" saws were were available at the same time for awhile,and they all but couldn't give away the 18" model with less than 12" of resaw height.
    The grey color throws me though. I have Jet tools from the early 90's and they are blue, not grey. My later Jet tools are white. I forget when they switched to white.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 03-23-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    The grey color throws me though. I have Jet tools from the early 90's and they are blue, not grey. My later Jet tools are white. I forget when they switched to white.
    I think they swithched in '98 or '99. I bought a Delta Grand Edition white bandsaw and a Jet "40th annivesary" jointer at the same time and both are white. When I began looking at the jointer a few months earlier it was blue.
    Dick Mahany.