Thread: An Old Journal

An Old Journal

I'm posting this here because I thought it may be of interest to some of you. I stumbled across this while doing some unrelated research in JSTOR. Bored, I typed in 'woodworking' and got a hit to this. It's a journal from 1879 titled "The Illustrated Wood Worker." I don't think you'll get many practical tips (the 'plans' are just really high quality line drawings), but I think it's kind of interesting. While the hosting site requires membership, this particular journal is free because it was donated by a library. As far as I know, this was its only year of publication.

Illustrated Wood Worker.

Enjoy!

pdb.

Thanks for that link .I love to look through old woodworking mags. Hope it's not full of potato bin plans! Oops! Left the 'e' off ' potato' ,twice! Don't tell Dan Quayle...

Blog Entries
    It seems registration is required.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It allowed me access.

Jim, it will tell you that "You are not currently logged in..." on the upper right of the screen, but you should be able to access the individual volumes anyway simply by clicking on them. They are supposed to be freely accessible because of the library...