Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eindecker EIII R/C Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Jarrett View Post
    Is that a PA12 or a J5 in your picture?
    The shape of the cowling looks like either a J3 or a PA12, but windshield shape makes me believe it's a J3, but I could be wrong.

Jimmy, Guy, Chuck and Gary

I have a very detailed spread sheet tracking all of my material costs on this project. My target price for these kits is right around $1,000 to $1,100
    dollars. These kits will be complete with everything needed to build it without covering, engine or radio gear.
    Meaning every nut, bolt, landing gear/wheels, cowl and all wood pieces required.
    It is easier to create a greater value for the kit if everything is included.

I have also done all of the design work in 3d with SketchUp and I am creating all of the building instructions from this 3d work.

Due to the size that I am working with (1/3 to 1/2 scale) I am using a lot of 1/8" Baltic Birch plywood instead of balsa wood.
    My baltic birch runs me $0.80 and sq. ft. and 1/8" balsa runs me $2.36 sq. ft. plus shipping.

This design of my Eindecker has been changed to ailerons on the wings to keep things simpler. The full scale had wing warping.

I have been in this hobby for fifty years now and I have seen a lot of hobby businesses come and go. I am working a niche market and not trying to be everything to everyone but to offer the best product available to my target buyers. This is not my primary business but is a nice companion to my architecture and architectural modeling businesses.

The picture in my avatar is my 1/3 scale Super Cub. 144" wing span. This is the plane that I currently compete with at scale contests and have been very successful with.

Currently I am working on the design of a half scale Nieuport 11. I am working on this for the 2014 Dayton Dawn Patrol event in Sept. 2014 at the Air Force Museum. This will be a major event and will commemorate the beginning of WWI. There are at least 10 half scale WWI aircraft under construction for this event.

Zx71310.jpg CubOne.JPG Overview.jpgCapture8.jpgCapture2.jpg
    Larry Folk

LEF Architects, LLC
    The Historic Model Aircraft Company
    Epilog 24x12 75 watt
    Roland GX-24
    Corel X4
    MicroStation CADD Software
    Rhino w/T-Splines
    SketchUp 8 Pro

Larry,

All I can say is I am impressed!

V/r,

Jimmy
    Shenhui SH-G690 Laser
    Shark Pro CNC Router
    G0619/SX3 CNC Milling Machine
    Vytek Rebel CNC Router (Mach3 Conversion)
    Rostock MAX 3D Printer
    NextEngine 3D HD Scanner
    Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Printer
    Mighty Press Transfer Press
    Chinese Laminator