Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craftsman...craftsman ..Eveywhere

Craftsman...craftsman ..Eveywhere

Looking for a good used cabinet style tablesaw on craigslist ...Its amazing how many craftsman are out there that you have to weed through....Its hard to find any good contractor saws out there like the Rigid 3650...It seems that people hold on to these saws for dear life....thinkin about going with the grizly hybrid for under 1000...would be nice to find a Delta Unisaw for about 300 but good luck with that...I will keep looking for a while...anyone know of any other sights to look for used machinery other than craigslist or Sawmill creek?
    Marc
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-04-2013 at 9:16 AM.
    Measure twice and cut once and swear three times

The used saws are out there, you just have to be diligent checking CL and be patient. I have a bit of a problem as my wife would say, but I check the CL tool section every time I sit down at the computer as part of my routine.. Takes only a minute if you do it a couple times a day. I also check it on my iphone, and have a CL app to search other cities.

There's also classifieds on Woodnet, Woodweb, there's ebay, and there are some liquidation/auction sites..

If you're going to spend $1000 on a saw, it better be a full cabinet saw IMO.

Meanwhile, good quality Delta 14" bandsaws (and their distant cousins) are available nearly every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Meanwhile, good quality Delta 14" bandsaws (and their distant cousins) are available nearly every day.
    Not around me. :-(. Only the really distant cousins.

I don't know as I'd cross all of the Craftsman contractor and hybrid saws off your list. Some of the newer ones are supposed to be pretty good and on par with the Ridgids (I owned a Ridgid 3660, BTW, and it was an excellent saw). Don't ask me which Craftsman models, though. You'll have to do your homework on that.

I know what you mean about the ancient models that show up and some people still want an arm and a leg for them.

Bill

I'm w/Dan on this - not around me they haven't been.
    On the rare occasion they show up, they get snatched up long before I can even call on them - or - they want some absurd price for it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Any reason why you are interested in the Ridgid 3650 and not the 4512? I have the 4512 and it has been excellent so far, especially for less than $500 and new with lifetime warranty.

Does the fence lock down on both ends of the 4512?

Don't pass by all Craftsman. If you can find a model 22140 at $300 or less take a look. It is a Hybrid full cabinet saw with a Biesmeyer Commercial Fence. It was made by Orion (the predecessor to Steel City and Ridgid) and had cabinet mounted trunnions and weighs over 450 pounds. Below is a link to the Fine Woodworking Review. Pay more attention to what the "Users" said.

http://tinyurl.com/cwq578d

$300 is a great price for a Craftsman 22124. Paid $550 for mine, and would do again in a heart beat.

I had the 3650 and I sold it when I moved down south...I loved the saw with the cast iron wings....I do believe that the 4512 are stamped

Quote Originally Posted by Huck Schwee View Post
    Any reason why you are interested in the Ridgid 3650 and not the 4512? I have the 4512 and it has been excellent so far, especially for less than $500 and new with lifetime warranty.
    I had the 3650 and I sold it when I moved down south...I loved the saw with the cast iron wings....I do believe that the 4512 are stamped

Quote Originally Posted by Huck Schwee View Post
    not to divert the thread too much, but new ridgid stationary power tools DO NOT carry a lifetime warranty. they offer a 3 year guaranty and the new tool's original owner has the option of registering their qualifying tools with ridgid's lifetime service agreement. no registration, no coverage. their terms are here:

http://www.ridgid.com/tools/power-tool-warranty

i and family members own a boat load of ridgid handheld power tools, and many stationary power tools. IMHO, they offer great values.

regarding the extension wings of the 4512, they are stamped steel. i've two 3612 webbed CI wings should anyone be interested in retrofitting them to a 4512.

Marc,
    I'm confused here. What exactly are you looking for? New, used, contractor, hybrid, cabinet saw? Price range?
    I'd pick up one of the cabinet saws if I were you.

I just posted in the deals and discounts section, a grizzly 1023LT for $650, and a grizzly G0555 (?) bandsaw for $350

Both seem like gooD deals

In MA