Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New woodworking machines.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Peter, look at the thread about the anniversary saw. Paint evidently sells. Dave

There is something to be said for good industrial design and product branding. Some tools just look cooler than others. That anniversary saw is striking but would give me agita every time I entered the shop. That sort of thing gets a buzz but I wonder how many of those actually sell? I did like those powermatic custom paint jobs available aftermarket for a while, racing stripes and such, though the blanchard ground tops were the real kicker IMO. Dont remember who was doing those? I just wish somebody could come up with something useful or interesting rather than rebrand the same thing. I see lots of cool small shop machines on sites like Axminster, and I think "we have nothing like that here, micro sliders, small 3HP sliding shapers for the average guy, stuff like that. Maybe its coming? My old shaper is at or near 30 years old, maybe I should dust it off and paint it? I'm thinking tiger stripes, pearlesent, metallic orange, maybe some big fierce eyes on the fence plates? Maybe not.

I'm happy if the bearings and motor are good. Wish upgrades other than cosmetic were demanded and appreciated. Dave

Well I was going to mention Pistorius in New York, however I looked on the web and they seem to have closed?

I remember servicing their double mitre saws, nice machines...........Rod

4. Hello guys, Shane here. I would be happy to chime in. Got any questions for me?
    Shane Henderson
    Baileigh Industrial Woodworking
    920-482-3220
    shenderson@baileighindustrial.com

Visit our sponsored forum here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdis...2-Baileigh-Inc

Hi Shane is there a showroom in here in so cal? One of our sawmill creek members posted that he was planning to visit one several miles from him.If he does live in upland that would make him my neighbor.I have not seen your product yet.Thanks Andrew

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    Hi Shane is there a showroom in here in so cal? One of our sawmill creek members posted that he was planning to visit one several miles from him.If he does live in upland that would make him my neighbor.I have not seen your product yet.Thanks Andrew
    yes we have all machines under power in our showroom in Manitowoc, WI and another showroom in Ontario / Los Angeles, California. Let us know if you would like to come by. Mention you are from the Creek and get the red carpet treatment.
    Shane Henderson
    920-482-3220

Shane - we need some prices on a site similar to what your competitors are doing. Have a link for us? These tool pictures you have look a lot like Grizzly and Laguna tool pictures so many folks are interested in what you are bringing to the table.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

http://wood.baileighindustrial.com/
    Mike, all their prices and specs are on their website. Like to see some videos of the machines in action.

9. Videos are being filmed as we speak. Give us a couple weeks.

10. Me and Aaron will try to film a quick video one of the jointer / plainer combo units tomorrow. Any other machines we should put on the list?
    Shane Henderson
    920-482-3220

Blog Entries
    You're always going to find tools made over seas that are similar, what it really comes down to is customer service & mfg interaction with their market. It's not often you'll find a company getting involved with us consumers on a scale like Baileigh has. When you call Shane, you get Shane or his voice mail which he is really good about replying to. No voice mail with 20 different options that leads you everywhere but where you want to be. So far I like what I see, I'll be putting the tools to the test next week, my edge sander & mortiser will be in Wednesday and put right to work. I got 3 box orders due to the box i built for the contest. They will be built using both machines extensively. I also have a big cabinet humidor to finish that will require some very accurate edge sanding on the doors.Then there's the work bench I need to do a cabinet under and some other sanding. If the tools were not to perform after all the work I've put in to these projects, I'd be the first to let you know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I have two Baileigh metal working machines in my shop. Both machines exceeded my expectations for quality, fit and finish by a country mile.
    I would definitely classify both as commercial quality machines.

Blog Entries
    I also have yet to find a bad review on any forum, seems as though everyone is very pleased with the features, price & performance. They could really take a commanding lead in the woodworking world at this rate.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.