Thread: Easter egg info needed

Easter egg info needed

Tis the season, well almost. Does anyone have a tutorial or the steps and dimensions for making wooden Easter eggs?

No chickens in your part of the world? Think of the effort it takes the chicken to get it started, (blunt end) then effort needed to finish laying it, (more pointed end). Otherwise, go to the refrigerator. I see way too rounded wood eggs most of the time. Check the real thing.

Richard,

Get an egg out of the frig and measure the maximum diameter and the length. Use those to numbers for a ratio and you are good to go. I think there still is a Youtube video on using a bedan tool, the project is an egg. That was the tutorial I used. Eggs are my practice pieces, if I can't turn a good egg, I've been beat out by some old clucker.

Bob Haverstock

Richard, Craft Supplies has a pictorial tutorial on their website that shows how to proportion and turn Easter eggs. It is in downloadable format. If for some reason you cannot find it I have it saved on my computer and would be happy to share it with you. Just PM me with your e-mail address. It is in PDF format.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Are you wanting segmented (decorated) Easter eggs? You might look at some of the segmented Christmas ornaments for ideas to create the blank.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Several turners I know have used ColorWood cutoffs and mill ends for spectacular colored eggs. Not sure I'd use them for Easter Egg hunts, tho, unless you're sure the kids will find every one!

David