Thread: CorelDraw Question

CorelDraw Question

I am posting here because . . . this is where I have always posted and I don't get as many answers when I post in other areas.

I have Corel X6 and Corel X4 on my computer, and I use them both. All of a sudden I can't print from Corel X4, can anyone tell me what might be going on? I did the restore, F8 and it still will not print from X4. At first I thought it was a certain file, then I tried others and it just will not print from X4, it just sits there spinning, then it says "not responding" and I finally have to go in and kill it. HELP please?
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Hard to say without more info:

• Windows (which?) or Mac?
    • Have you looked at/cleared out the printer queue?
    • Rebooted?
    • Checked your cables from the PC to laser?
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that one . . . at all : (

I am printing to a regular printer, Windows 7, prints fine from CD X6, cables are fine, rebooted yes.

zll
    God Bless,
    Texas

Sounds like you have both X4 and X6 installed...DLL version conflict maybe?
    Did it ever work after you installed and/or printed from X6?

EDIT: is this 64-bit Windows 7 and, if so, is the 64-bit version of X6 installed?
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 03-13-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Yes, it has always worked up until yesterday?
    God Bless,
    Texas

When this happens, what do you do next? When I print from X4 and Windows 7 I get a little printer icon in the bottom task bar. I can mouse over that and it tells me if I have have any documents pending. Do you get this icon? If pending, you should open the que and delete the document before you try again.
    Also do you have both X4 and X6 open at the same time?
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 03-13-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Did your system Win7 do any updates?
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Just a long shot....... check your properties and make sure the printer icon is on, so
    in case you inadvertantly set it to off, that will stop an object from printing.

I've had Instances were I hit the print button and it did nothing, I found that it was telling it to print to some other printer, like the laser when the laser was off. one time I had a duplicate printer don't know how that happened but it wasn't the designated printer so nothing happened. I would go into your control panel and see what printers are designated .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander