Thread: Paamuya Backlit

Paamuya Backlit

I really hope you guys do not get sick of me posting these photos. This will be the last one for a while. This is my first day off in many a week so I have been playing a bit. I always talk about the translucency of my pieces so I figured I would try to back lite the piece to see how it would look in a photograph. Overall I think it is a pretty cool effect and I kind of like the photo. I could possibly expand on future photos. Just playing around, so let me know what you think.

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's really nice-unusual. I never get tired of seeing your posts-keep 'em coming. That color is outstanding.

Alen that pic looks like glass. I think that's a great shot. Never get tired of great pieces.

I must like it. Came back to look at it three times. Keep the pics coming.

I am always happy to see your work and really enjoyed seeing you and your work in person in Minnesota.
    Half way between the north pole and the equator!
    Half way between Steve Schlumpf and John Keeton!

Looks great with the back lighting! It makes it glow!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Thanks everyone, It was kind of fun to play with the lighting. Next time I drag out the photo set up I have some ideas to make it better on pieces like this.

Alan

Of the pictures you've posted that picture is by far the most effective method for capturing the beauty of the piece. At least to me it is....