Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Jerry Mercantel for the Iron Maiden

Thanks Jerry Mercantel for the Iron Maiden

Gloat warning: Just received my JM aluminum chuck plate in the mail. Can't wait to mount some of the mesquite he included 'pro bono'. These chuck plates are straightforward to make, but getting all the spikes centered and adjustable is a pain for me. When these really take off, I'm planning to resell mine for a mint...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Congrats Prashun.......you will find this a great way to mount blanks in order to turn the tenon, and odd shaped wood.........I love mine! Jerry's innovation here is very useful!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

What time did it get to you...Two Minutes To Midnight?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Cool, it got there.... Hope you like... Thanks and enjoy it.......... Jerry (in Tucson)

We want...information. Information. Information. Who are you? The new number two. Who is number one? You are number six. I am not a number, I am a free man!

(This isn't as random as it may sound, btw...)
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    We want...information. Information. Information. Who are you? The new number two. Who is number one? You are number six. I am not a number, I am a free man!

(This isn't as random as it may sound, btw...)
    Mr. Cruz, WTH does that all mean??? I'm always a little slow. Please enlighten me. I'm sure I missed that movie.......... Jerry (in Tucson)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Marcantel View Post
    Mr. Cruz, WTH does that all mean??? I'm always a little slow. Please enlighten me. I'm sure I missed that movie.......... Jerry (in Tucson)
    The quote comes from "The Prisoner" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_prisoner

I'm sorry, Jerry. I was having a little fun. In the title of Prashun's thread, he mentions an Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden was also the name of a heavy metal rock band that started back in 1975 and is still going strong today.

Two Minutes To Midnight was one of their "on radio" hits. The my second post of this thread (while not original "lyrics", but rather a clip from a TV show) was the beginning of one of their biggest songs from 1982.

I was taking a guess that someone would have been making the connection between my posts and what was in the thread title...but I suppose they both went unnoticed.

Sorry for being cryptic.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    I'm sorry, Jerry. I was having a little fun. In the title of Prashun's thread, he mentions an Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden was also the name of a heavy metal rock band that started back in 1975 and is still going strong today.

Two Minutes To Midnight was one of their "on radio" hits. The my second post of this thread (while not original "lyrics", but rather a clip from a TV show) was the beginning of one of their biggest songs from 1982.

I was taking a guess that someone would have been making the connection between my posts and what was in the thread title...but I suppose they both went unnoticed.

Sorry for being cryptic.

You're ok Mike. Like I said , I'm a little slow, and if I need a definition or explanation, I'll ask. I've probably heard it a million times, but it's all background noise to me. I actually thought you were smoking something like we did way back in those days. .......... Jerry (in Tucson)

Not random at all.
    Nova DVR XP, so-so Sears bandsaw, no-name grinder, a load of Thompson tools, growing pile of "design opportunities"

Do I sense another Eddie fan?
    I drink, therefore I am.

I'm familiar from Somewhere In Time and before, but nothing later. I've only seen them once "Somewhere On Tour" but I still consider myself a fan.
    Nova DVR XP, so-so Sears bandsaw, no-name grinder, a load of Thompson tools, growing pile of "design opportunities"

I knew there had to be at least one Maiden fan here on the forum. One of the guys here (can't think of who off the top of my head...think he's a flatboarder), has a Judas Priest album cover as his avatar! Too cool...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Just ordered mine from, Jerry. Aces High baby
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Run to the hills cuz we got quotes coming!