Thread: Dolly for Epilog I found a cheap one.

Dolly for Epilog I found a cheap one.

So one day i was on a crazy scramble to find a dolly to move my Epilogs around from Convention , Show, House, and to my store. As i was gathering parts for wheels, Scrap Aluminum and bolts and local hardware stores. I came across a nice garden kart with heavy duty wheels. Capacity of 1000 lbs. Exactly fit the demensions of my laser. It was a good good find. I purchased this kart at Lowes for around $140 .... It is the perfect kart.

With the railings though the back exhaust and power supply boxes do kind of get in the way. But..... There is more... All of the side's on this cart are on hinges and drop down. U can take them off. Or just leave it hanging on its hinge and secure it down with heavy duty cotter pins.

I just wanted to express my deep joy with finding this cart. Any other one i found was very expensive. If u have a Lowes in your area and see a kart this is the best one i have found for your money.....

Now all i need is some Ramp's for my Cargo Can so it can be a one man operation......

I have another Thread about finding a dolly Kart with plenty of other suggestions that cost more. But i thought i would start a new thread that was the most Cost Effective way of Laser Transportation.

Notice in the Picture that the Sides Drop Down, This makes it easy to keep the laser on the kart while in operation. I have purchased some ratchet down strap to secure it while it is mobile. I will be purchasing a few more of they carts. They can be easily modified. I am going to weld up on the extended sides with scrap metal... That kart is not flimsy at all. I do consider it heavy duty. It is sort of heavy not exactly aluminum.

Also when u drop down the side's of this Kart the Base of it is flat. So sliding something on or off it is not a problem. There is even a bolt at the bottom. I thought about rigging up a hydraulic jack to get it up a few feet in the air.

IF any one has any questions just ask and i will provide more information. It really does fit like OJ Simpsons Glove.

Search Lowes Garden Kart to find.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jesse Anderson; 03-22-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Additional Info and a Witty Comment about OJ
    To the people who correct grammar to prove a point

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Check out harbor freight they have a lift cart 1000 lb lift on sale for $240.00 if you want a working height.
    Universal v-460 50 watt with rotary
    CorelDraw x6, Photograv 3
    Garage full of wood working tools

If u can provide a link to something that would be awesome. The kart i found is awesome... I would buy a upgrade though
    To the people who correct grammar to prove a point

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Hi Jesse, Brian mentioned the HF lift. It is currently listed on sale on their web site for $244.99 (Item #69148). If you do a search on their site for "lift cart" it will bring it up along with another with a 500 Lb capacity for less money.
    Rudy

45-WATT Epilog Mini-24, CorelDraw X6,
    Wacom Intuos Tablet, Flame Polisher
    George Knight DC16 Heat Press
    BJ890 Muli-Function Mug Press
    Ricoh GX e3300n printer
    Vacc-U-Press VP3030

The day (back in 2009) my Zing 24 was delivered, I put it on that same garden cart and I have not taken it off since. It works well enough, just make sure the tires say inflated.
    Zing 24 - 40 Watt, Rotary, Vector Table. Corel Draw x4, Photo Shop Elements, Engrave Lab 8 and enough software to chock my PC.
    Ryobi Table Saw, Delta 14" Band Saw with expansion, a Router Table and no more room to play.
    Best of all, I still have 10 fingers and half a brain.