Thread: Bosch Dishwasher with wooden door panel

Bosch Dishwasher with wooden door panel

The kitchen I'm working on has inset cabinet doors. The dishwasher is panel ready but seems like it is for over lay doors. I'd like to keep the face of the dishwasher even with the cabinet face but can't figure a way to do it without setting it in more that the specs suggest. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I think you already found your answer. You will have to recess the DW to get the door panel flush. (A typical kitchen cabinet would not have enough room to recess enough, unless it was planned for in advance).

You may then want/need a strip of stainless steel to line the opening, as the edges of the adjoining cabinets will be exposed when the DW door is opened.

I meet with the owners this afternoon & explained that the panel will be proud of the face frame. Didn't seem to bothered about it. Bothers me more than them....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe View Post
    The kitchen I'm working on has inset cabinet doors. The dishwasher is panel ready but seems like it is for over lay doors. I'd like to keep the face of the dishwasher even with the cabinet face but can't figure a way to do it without setting it in more that the specs suggest. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    It was about 2 years ago, so the details have gotten fuzzy, but I made a flush, paneled wooden door panel for a Bosch. The only issue I recall was sizing the rails and stiles to that there was some meat for the mounting screws to hit. Seems to me the installation instructions covered this situation or it was easy to figure out, so I'm confused by your comment about "setting it in more than the specs suggest". Also, although the cabinets were full custom I don't recall any issues with cabinet depth.

Jay - I'm missing something here. The Bosch DWs with custom panels are fully capable of being set flush with the face of the cabinets whether full inset to a face frame or Euro style with no face frame. Here is a post from the Creek which shows one done http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...odel&p=1414754. I can't walk you through the specifics - I only do one of these every 2 or 3 or 4 years though I did set a new Bosch DW into a full face frame cabinet last winter and the custom panel was flush with the cabinet faces. I know I'm not providing an answer but just encouragement - this can be done.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I guess I'll have to look in to it a little more tomorrow....Thanks

I just pulled a spec sheet on the bosch panel ready models, they are 21 5/8" depth before panel, they recommend 3/4" panel thickness, you have tons of room for adjustment for full inset assuming a 24" depth cabinets and no restrictions to the rear. I'll be working on a Miele soon, I think they are almost exactly the same dimensions, don't recall there being any issues. There should be a template and full instructions with the unit. If you are doing the plumbing and/or electrical do pay attention to the location requirements on those, Bosch doesn't give any wiggle room laterally on those, but you front to back should be fine.

http://www.specsserver.com/CACHE/FRXVJTVHLYWP.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    I just pulled a spec sheet on the bosch panel ready models, they are 21 5/8" depth before panel, they recommend 3/4" panel thickness, you have tons of room for adjustment for full inset assuming a 24" depth cabinets and no restrictions to the rear. I'll be working on a Miele soon, I think they are almost exactly the same dimensions, don't recall there being any issues. There should be a template and full instructions with the unit. If you are doing the plumbing and/or electrical do pay attention to the location requirements on those, Bosch doesn't give any wiggle room laterally on those, but you front to back should be fine.

http://www.specsserver.com/CACHE/FRXVJTVHLYWP.PDF
    I stand corrected. The Bosch does fit in a standard opening in a standard depth cabinet with the applied panel flush.

9. I did a Bosch dishwasher + custom inset front panel for my current kitchen. The metal toe-kick on the dishwasher isn't right for the inset depth, and I ended up building stupid little returns on the adjacent toe kicks to hide gaps. Next time I'll investigate running a continuous wooden toe kick in front of the dishwasher, but there was some issue with that idea -- possibly I thought that the dishwasher door would collide with the toe kick.

Also my dishwasher likes to move a bit from side to side, and I think I should have done a 1/8" gap between the door and adjacent face frames instead of 3/32".