Thread: S&D 6" Pipe and Fitting source near Nashville?

S&D 6" Pipe and Fitting source near Nashville?

I have called and been to several places but have not found a source for 6" Sewer and Drain PVC in Nashville. I finally pulled the trigger on a #hp Grizzly cyclone(couldn't resist, they sent me a 10 percent off coupon). I did notice that one of the places Bill Pentz recommends for spiral pipe, Die Stamped Products is only about a 2 hour drive from me and if all else fails I may try them but I am guessing that will kill my budget. I should say that the Lowe's nearby does carry some fittings but no pipe and the fittings seem expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you can't find any locally, you can get the fittings on lifeandhome, which is what the ace hardware outlet website became. Their prices are the cheapest I've found online, and you can get free shipping for an order over $50.

I ordered all of my fittings from McMaster Carr...

You can buy the pvc pipe at Ferguson's plumbing and hvac, Steinhouse plumbing supply or any commercial plumbing supply house in Nashville. I bought 6" 27 ga. metal duct and 30 ga fittings from Ferguson's for just a little more money than the pvc. They had to order the 27 ga pipe but it only took about 5 days to get it.
    Last edited by Michael N Taylor; 03-25-2013 at 9:20 AM.

McMaster for the fittings - I then drove around, actually I am still driving, havent found a place yet, with a couple of the fittings until I find a place that sells 6" pipe that fits. I've learned that none of these places around me know the difference between 6" PVC, 6" ASTM D2729 and SDR 35. I've read that SDR 35 fits, but the ones I have found are just a "tad" sloppy for my liking. I am holding out until I find some that fit.

If I do not come time to install, I am going to order the pipe from McMaster also, and pay the freight shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Avery View Post
    I have called and been to several places but have not found a source for 6" Sewer and Drain PVC in Nashville. I finally pulled the trigger on a #hp Grizzly cyclone(couldn't resist, they sent me a 10 percent off coupon). I did notice that one of the places Bill Pentz recommends for spiral pipe, Die Stamped Products is only about a 2 hour drive from me and if all else fails I may try them but I am guessing that will kill my budget. I should say that the Lowe's nearby does carry some fittings but no pipe and the fittings seem expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Keith
    I picked up all of my PVC supplies for my dust collector from HD Supply Waterworks, here in Portland, OR. I see they have an outlet in Nashville.
    (615) 226-7151
    120 Fernco Dr, Nashville, TN 37207
    Near Talbot's Corner

Hayes Pipe 6" SDR-35 1.97/ft This is heavy duty stuff compared to the 2729
    Kneeling(Franklin) 6" ASTM 2729 2.13/ft
    Looks like cheapest fittings are either Lowe's or Ferguson's. Have to order from Ferguson's but they were the most helpful by far.
    SpringHill Lowe's supposedly stocks 6" 2729 but it is 34.99/10ft.

I also got fittings from McMaster-Carr, but they don't have any of the 22.5 els, or 6-6-4 wyes. I have several of the els, and 2 of the wyes and got them from Lowe's. MC shipping is reasonable on the fittings, but I'm afraid 10' lengths of pipe would be a deal killer. Guess you could run down to Atlanta and pick it up, but I'd bet there is a pipe yard close to you that would be much less money. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.