Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steff Feeder source- WMD

Steff Feeder source- WMD

Has anyone here had dealings with Woodtech Int or WMD? A friend ordered a Steff Feeder months ago and was getting the run around and now can't even get through on the phone. Not looking to start rumors, just find out if anyone has had similar experiences with either Steff or WMD. Dave

Wow, sorry to hear that. We used WMD forever and they were fine to deal with thought I have not personally spoken to any of those guys for a couple of years. I'll try to call Enzo tomorrow and see if I can get through.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Woodtech Int site looks sketchy at best (site made with paypal app). Late last year their building was a BMW dealer.

Why woul dyou not order it from Eagle in CA if that is where he was buying it from?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike, that site you mentioned is not the one Dave and I are talking about. It appears to be a different outfit altogether. I won't hyperlink it here but the site we are talking about has been the official US outlet for Steff feeders for years.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

The woodtech site I saw has ONLY maggi steff feeders on it. Seems awful coincidental. Google Woodtech Int Maggi Steff. www woodtechint dot com .
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike, I owe you an apology. Just clicked onto the WMD site and saw this other site you are referring to and that Maggi has apparently (?) changed hands here in the US? Unfortunately, I do not know anyone from this second organization. If someone knows something, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Mike, I owe you an apology. Just clicked onto the WMD site and saw this other site you are referring to and that Maggi has apparently (?) changed hands here in the US? Unfortunately, I do not know anyone from this second organization. If someone knows something, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA
    My friend with the problem said they were one and the same. That may be the issue. Dave

Looks pretty weird that woodtechint.com and madeinitalymall.com are identical sites with different domain registrars. Same Magneto theme and everything.

Interesting stuff. I may still try to give my guy from WMD a call, tomorrow. See of I can get some clarification on all of this. If there are supply issues, I don't want to be steering folks the wrong direction...

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Hence the natural conclusion, stick with one of the dozens of brands of Co-Matic feeders. Widely available parts, and industrial reliability on par with any italian machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Juhasz View Post
    Hence the natural conclusion, stick with one of the dozens of brands of Co-Matic feeders. Widely available parts, and industrial reliability on par with any italian machine.
    Except Univer which is no more. Comatic now makes feeders for Martin although Martin demands better machining and finishing than most. Comatic makes for almost every private label. Problem is identifying those that price point and neglect the machining so the pipes and fittings don't lock. Sort of like jointer tables where the label specifies the quality and tolerance of the grinding. Dave

Well, to be honest, the other thing about Steff feeders is that they are relatively affordable. Are Martin's feeders priced like Martin's actual machines?

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Martin now sells Comatic rebranded as Wegoma. They do appear to be put through an additional machining and finishing step so they are a little more than other Comatics but not bad. If Steff has problems I wonder what Felder will do. You can still buy them through Felder, and some were on sale- slightly- in their spring flyer. Dave

I've got both maggi and comatic, and the maggi definitely is a little more nicely put together. That said, the comatic is pretty old, and it still feeds just fine. The machining on the maggi is just smoother.

I guess the maggi feeders will be something to pick up as they become available. They come up on craigslist only VERY infrequently.

I can think of half a dozen US dealers who handle Steff feeders but am hesitant to mention any, because if there is a supply-side issue, then it could potentially affect all of them.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA