Thread: Nova DVR XP

Nova DVR XP

Well I finally broke down and ordered the retrofit kit and remote for my lathe. It came in today and so decided to take a break and install it. Took about 20 minutes to shut down and get it installed. It came with a new display and a new remote module. The remote can be worn on the wrist or the magnet will hold it on the lathe. Boy does it work slick. No more reaching around spinning pieces to shut it on/off or to change speeds. Anyway should have did it sooner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's great Bernie! I really like mine and just use the magnet to keep it on or near the tailstock, or just behind the tool rest if i'm not using the tailstock. That puts it within easy reach for whatever I'm working on. Sure comes in handy!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Thanks Kathy. Was a little worried after reading your post if I should even order it but it went in without a hitch. I used it today and just kept it on my tailstock. Going to be nice.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Well, the two of you have convinced be to take the plunge. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Eric, come on in, the water's fine <vbg>
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Neat Bernie, I didn't even know these were available. Do you mind if I ask how much it costs?

Thanks again. Ray it was around $195 shipped. With retrofit kit you get a new display in which you transfer one module and install the remote module. I used it last night while turning a winged bowl. Was nice not having to reach around the propeller.

Eric there is one gotcha that is not in the instructions. The little white button on the remote board you install must be pressed for 3 seconds to sync it with the remote. The guy in the video said he pressed it twice for 3 seconds. Other than that pretty straight forward and takes a few minutes.
    Bernie

.... and don't inadvertantly throw away the little board... the packaging makes it easy to miss.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs