Thread: Suggestions for coupling between cyclone and dust bin

Suggestions for coupling between cyclone and dust bin

Wife and I went to empty the dust bin this afternoon and this is what I found. This is the second piece of flex I have tried on here and it keeps getting torn up from the saw dust.
    001.jpg002.jpg

The first piece of flex was the cheap stuff from McMaster Carr but this one I got from work and is the same stuff we used to connect the cnc router to the dust collection system.

Any suggestions to avoid this in the future? I'm tempted to get an 8" Fernco coupling and be done with it.
    !B491Y2!CGk~$(KGrHqR,!gwEyEcveHMcBMr1UroSNw~~_35.JPG

You could try some material transfer hose, but it'll be alot stiffer and I'm not sure if you can get it in 8 inch.We use a gum rubber boot at work that's made by a company called Rotex. They make screening equipment and the boots hold up to 180 degree dry chemical going through it.

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Mine has been on for 5 years and I've never had that issue. Does your dust barrel move around a lot? Does the cyclone suction lift it off the ground when turned on empty? Not sure why that would make a difference, but might show that there is extra stress on your set up. My barrel, 55 gallon plastic, does not move even when empty. And the flex I'm using is nothing special. In fact, it isn't as tough as the piece of Wynn Environmental flex that came on my Clear Vue unit. Interesting problem. Maybe the Fernco unit would be best for your set up. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Looks like abrasion. A rubber material will do better.