Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question about the NOVA 48232 G3 Reversible Chuck

Nova inserts 001.jpgBret, hope this helps, it is a page from the Nova catalogue with the inserts available, I have a DVR & a Commet 11 & have no problem fitting any of the nova chucks using this guide, you may have th enlarge the page to read,
    Good luck
    pete

This from the Teknatools web site:
    Note: If you don't have a NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe you cannot use this chuck. Please instead purchase the standard G3 Chuck. If your lathe is less than 14” diameter swing, please have a look at the Nova Precision Midi chuck. If your lathe has more than 14” diameter swing, please have a look at the SuperNova2 Chuck or the NOVA Titan Chuck.

Its covered with warnings about being exclusively for the NOVA Comet.

I wanted a 1”X 8tpi direct threaded chuck (no threaded insert) and went through the Nova G3 issue about 3 weeks ago. Finally purchased the Delta packaged “Delta # 46-462, Nova G3 Delta”. Previously, Teknatool listed a G3-D, D for direct threaded 1 X 8tpi. It is no longer on their website. My guess is that Delta worked something out with Teknatool to supply a chuck that Delta could market with their MIDI lathe and now Teknatool uses the G3 Comet II name for the Nova direct threaded chuck.
    The chuck has opposing threaded holes for setscrews to lock the chuck to the spindle as the photo in a previous post. Two composite wafers are furnished to go under the setscrews to protect the spindle thread if the spindle has threads in this area. The Jet 10-14 and 12-20 need the wafer protection. The only negative comment that I recall is that if your spindle length is greater than 1 1/8” from shoulder to tip, it may interfere with the jaws when jaws are fully closed – can’t seat the chuck on the spindle shoulder when the jaws are closed or you can’t fully close the jaws with the chuck seated on the shoulder.
    I am happy with the chuck.