Thread: G0440 & g0441

G0440 & g0441

Contemplating a new dust collector purchase, but I vent outside. Does anybody know if these units are available without the filter assemblies? Or any other nice dust collectors that are available without filters.

Thanks, John K

Can't say if you can or not. I for a fact your can buy Clearview without filter. I've had one for 6 years it's worked flawlessly for me.

The ClearVue is not only sold without the filters for $1385 ($210 less than with), but the shipping cost will be reduced. Additionally, it is a great cyclone. I have had mine for three years. IMHO it is a better cyclone value than the GO441.

Interesting, Ive always heard good things about the clearvue machines, just wondering what makes the Clearvue a better value? The griz (G0440) is cheaper with the the filters, then the clearvue without the filters. Is the Clearvue more efficient? I like the 5hp leeson motor, but it is more then I will ever need in my 14x30 shed.

Thanks again, John K

John,

If you search the forums you'll get many viewpoints on dust collection and cyclone vendors. Most are happy with their choices. Clearview owners are consistently pleased for many reasons. I, for one, bought it because it was reported to have the best separation of fine dust and because it was and still is the only machine on the market whose machine was designed by Bill Pentz and has his "blessing" Critically, for me, it was the only full cyclone that would fit in my basement. Don't be concerned that the five hp Leeson may be more than you need. The cyclone uses only about 3 1/2 hp to drive its large impeller. Finally, one never knows if your work habits may change, your tool inventory may grow or you may acquire a larger shop. This is one case where bigger is better. My shop is about 25X25 with some ducts running almost 50 feet. Even at that distance the ClearVue does its job. I am very pleased.
    Lastly, a cyclone and the associated ductwork may be the costliest and most time consuming project that we ever undertake in our shop and we don't want to make a mistake.

Ditto on Paul's reply.

Good info, thanks for the help guys! Grizzly got back to me today and they do not offer either of the above mentioned units without filters. I'll give the clearvue another look!

I have trouble imagining a 5hp cyclone vented outside. My 2 hp cyclone works pretty well, if I vented outside it would work much better than with a filter, seems like a 5hp vented outside would suck up small children!

While venting outside will increase cfm and amp draw, the size of the inlet pipe and the ports will determine how much airflow you will get. You can always dial a unit back by restricting the outlet or inlet and opening it up when necessary. A three hp 14" impeller will likely serve you well too. Used cyclones and blowers are available and if you can configure a stand alone blower you have lots of choices. Cincinnati and Chicago blowers and motors sell cheap on ebay. Dave